Broekemeier coming to NU

I don't follow HS football in Nebraska much anymore but I just looked at his stuff on Rivals..

If he's so good why does he have no other D1 offers (usually KSU or Iowa State or someone at least throws an offer to the top walkon prospects)

Also, if he fits the offense so well, does he run faster than Rival's reported 4.7 speed? I don't consider 4.7 speed fast for a spread option QB.

I'm not knocking the kid, his record and those stats are very impressive... but it does seem a little concerning.

I don't follow HS football in Nebraska much anymore but I just looked at his stuff on Rivals..

If he's so good why does he have no other D1 offers (usually KSU or Iowa State or someone at least throws an offer to the top walkon prospects)

Also, if he fits the offense so well, does he run faster than Rival's reported 4.7 speed? I don't consider 4.7 speed fast for a spread option QB.

I'm not knocking the kid, his record and those stats are very impressive... but it does seem a little concerning.

hard to get noticed playing at a small school, true, i am sure he probably doesn't fit Beck's run/pass option QB wet-dream, but to be honest, TM isn't a passing whiz and he got the nod, this kid might just end up being a better passer than anyone else coming here to play, thus keeping him off the field a hard thing to do as well....he will work hard as a walk on, they all do, he may or may not make it, but he has some talent.

McKewon touched on it in his article, but Tyson's height & size kept many schools away. Heck, he didn't even get an offer from Solich or NW MO St.. Dobson may have a big project on his hands, but time will tell.

The kid is a gamer on the field. Maybe some of you should have checked out his record performance last night on NET. This kid doesn't have ideal or size but he does have it. You know that thing that you can't pinpont but know the kid is special. Does this translate into great success as a Husker, who knows? But the smoothness of how this kid operates on the field will be something to build and potentially succeed on.

You know who else wasn't eye popping size and speedwise or had every local D1 team knocking his door down? Danny Woodhead. Not saying Tyson will be playing on Sundays, but too many say this or that about someone they have never seen play and assume things about the kid because of his attributes.

The kid is a gamer on the field. Maybe some of you should have checked out his record performance last night on NET. This kid doesn't have ideal or size but he does have it. You know that thing that you can't pinpont but know the kid is special. Does this translate into great success as a Husker, who knows? But the smoothness of how this kid operates on the field will be something to build and potentially succeed on.

You know who else wasn't eye popping size and speedwise or had every local D1 team knocking his door down? Danny Woodhead. Not saying Tyson will be playing on Sundays, but too many say this or that about someone they have never seen play and assume things about the kid because of his attributes.

Have to agree with you on this kid. Time will tell. We have had some great qb's who never played qb, on Sundays.

GBR!!!

Valid point.

Valid point.

Ditto, that was going to be my last point as well....redshirt, develop and wait...possible 4th string just by showing up? wow....

i guess this is why he is a walk on.....

Im from Aurora and have been watchin Ty throw pin point passes for two years-- the ONLY reason he didnt get a slew of D-I

offers is he's not 6-4, 200 lbs ( at 6-1, 170 ) D-I schools thought he was too small --- what he did last night was a day at the office for him --- if given the opportunity he can be very special !

Im from Aurora and have been watchin Ty throw pin point passes for two years-- the ONLY reason he didnt get a slew of D-I

offers is he's not 6-4, 200 lbs ( at 6-1, 170 ) D-I schools thought he was too small --- what he did last night was a day at the office for him --- if given the opportunity he can be very special !

Funny how things have changed. Now unless you're 6'3 or taller, there's this idea that you're not tall enough to play QB. 30 years ago Flutie wasn't tall enough at 5'10.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog...

first of all, assuming we are running a spread option is wrong. we arent.

second, he is a walk on therefore he has no scholarship so there should be no concern we have nothing to lose.

third, a 4.7 is not exactly slow for a qb. many of the top dual threat qbs over the years have run between a 4.5 and a 4.7 you dont have to run a 4.4 to be a good player.

lastly, no one is saying that he is going to set the world on fire. just that he shows promise as a walk on and could be a very good player if he puts in the work and impresses in practice.