Athlon's Big Ten Preview

Saw the magazine today. NU comes in ranked 10th, as well as their pick to win the Legends division to lose to OSU. Wonder if recent events may change some of those thoughts.

Have to like the mag, because the best DL, LB and DB corps in the league our found just north of O St. Crick and David are first team AA. Dennard and Kyler Reed join them as first team all conference, and Rex, Camstache and Baker round out the NU contengent on the 2nd team.

Ahh.....summer time where the magazines kick in to do their part to kill the time and build the hype. Love it, makes up for my early hatred of my beloved Cubbis.

Saw the magazine today. NU comes in ranked 10th, as well as their pick to win the Legends division to lose to OSU. Wonder if recent events may change some of those thoughts.

Have to like the mag, because the best DL, LB and DB corps in the league our found just north of O St. Crick and David are first team AA. Dennard and Kyler Reed join them as first team all conference, and Rex, Camstache and Baker round out the NU contengent on the 2nd team.

Ahh.....summer time where the magazines kick in to do their part to kill the time and build the hype. Love it, makes up for my early hatred of my beloved Cubbis.

Interesting! I read this review on Rivals.com It will be interesting to see how this all pans out:

Will Ohio State Still Win the Big Ten Title? http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1228164

Interesting! I read this review on Rivals.com It will be interesting to see how this all pans out:

Will Ohio State Still Win the Big Ten Title? http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1228164

I am a Buckeye through and through, but there is no way they win the title this year. Color me a pessimist.

My surprise pick is PSU over Nebraksa in the title game.

I am a Buckeye through and through, but there is no way they win the title this year. Color me a pessimist.

You think your squad has a shot at making the title game?

Do they have a shot? Of course, but reality sets in about 5 seconds after thinking that. They are going to be talented and Fickell will coach well but the title game is a stretch for them for sure, there are so many things being talked about in that locker room, they don't have the senior leaders the need to make a run this year.

The only reason I picked PSU over Nebraska was I figure Nebraska wins the first match up but Penn State comes back in the title game, as you know hard to beat a team twice in college football.

Does anyone know - will a postseason ban for OSU include the conference title game? That would suck to have OSU win it and then be banned from the Rose Bowl.

Yes, a postseason ban includes conference title games.

Well let's just hope tOSU falls apart this year and drops 3 or 4 conf games. So it won't matter.

Do they have a shot? Of course, but reality sets in about 5 seconds after thinking that. They are going to be talented and Fickell will coach well but the title game is a stretch for them for sure, there are so many things being talked about in that locker room, they don't have the senior leaders the need to make a run this year.

The only reason I picked PSU over Nebraska was I figure Nebraska wins the first match up but Penn State comes back in the title game, as you know hard to beat a team twice in college football.

I was thinking Wiscy might be a possible repeat opponent. *If* we win our division the chance of a repeat is pretty high anyway since we play PSU, OSU, and Wiscy. I mean no offense to Ill, Indiana, and Purdue but....

As far as OSU, IMO its not a stretch at all that the Big Ten/NCAA might ban thm from the title game. How bad would the conference look if tOSU won the championship (maybe unlikely but not impossible) then couldn't represent the league in a bowl game?

I was thinking Wiscy might be a possible repeat opponent. *If* we win our division the chance of a repeat is pretty high anyway since we play PSU, OSU, and Wiscy. I mean no offense to Ill, Indiana, and Purdue but....

As far as OSU, IMO its not a stretch at all that the Big Ten/NCAA might ban thm from the title game. How bad would the conference look if tOSU won the championship (maybe unlikely but not impossible) then couldn't represent the league in a bowl game?

As stated above postseason bans already include championship games, so they wouldn't get the opportunity to win one but not go to a bowl. They could win their division and send the second place team to the championship if they were under a postseason ban but they could not win the conference title. USC for example cannot go to the new pac12 championship game this year, no matter their record.