ESPN Tradition Battle

down to 51% - news must just get to Nebraska quicker - finally arrived in OK and now they're dominating us.

How can they be dominating us when we are up 2% on them. That's the same saying that we kicked their ass when we only win by 3 points.

We had a huge lead, like 75/25, and since then they've gotten most of the votes to pull nearly even. That's the dominance he's talking about.

We picked up a couple of percentage points overnight. We'll have to see how this goes. Could be a close one.

Gotta love being a fan of a state that basically only has 1 team to cheer for.

Think about how little sense that makes. You do realize the people in Nebraska own televisions, radios and have access to the Internet, right? I've lived in Nebraska most of my life, yet I'm a Bears, Bulls & Cubs fan. That's three teams besides Nebraska that I cheer for.

Besides, we have 1.8 million people in this whole state. Even if you divide the population of Oklahoma in half with OU and OSU, that's still equal to our population.

I just don't see what this "one team" stuff has to do with anything.

Think about how little sense that makes. You do realize the people in Nebraska own televisions, radios and have access to the Internet, right? I've lived in Nebraska most of my life, yet I'm a Bears, Bulls & Cubs fan. That's three teams besides Nebraska that I cheer for.

Besides, we have 1.8 million people in this whole state. Even if you divide the population of Oklahoma in half with OU and OSU, that's still equal to our population.

Yes. obviously it went over your head. How many of those teams that you listed as a fan are a college football team? Great example there. :thumbs

And as for Oklahoma, They don't only root for OU and OSU. Some also root for UT (I live here and hear about it all the time). So for Oklahoma fans, they have to split it three ways and if OU is up, the other two will vote for the opposite team just so OU won't get it (unless it is us and you know UT will vote OU). I don't know how many times when NU was playing the other, their fans were telling me that they hope our team would win so they could rub it in their faces.

Vote ends in 3 days and we have a comfortable 8% lead

It's down to 6% now. Tomorrow I expect 10%.

Wow! More than that, now we are up by 30% :corndance:nanalama

A random 16,000 votes just came in overnight, 35-65 lead

bahahahaha, ok, who hacked?

No one hacked. Anyone who suggests hacking took place simply has no knowledge of how the internet or websites work. An online poll is a simple counter that once you click submit your browser simply is told to go to a page that adds one to the current total. Every fan base is using private mode browsing, multiple browsers, deleted cookies, etc to vote multiple times. There is no hacking required to ding that bell and have a website do the most basic math. It's a problem with online polls that if you allow anonymous voting anyone can hit the poll multiple times, or tell their browser to, etc.

Yes. obviously it went over your head. How many of those teams that you listed as a fan are a college football team? Great example there. :thumbs

And as for Oklahoma, They don't only root for OU and OSU. Some also root for UT (I live here and hear about it all the time). So for Oklahoma fans, they have to split it three ways and if OU is up, the other two will vote for the opposite team just so OU won't get it (unless it is us and you know UT will vote OU). I don't know how many times when NU was playing the other, their fans were telling me that they hope our team would win so they could rub it in their faces.

I think what you're missing here is that - and you may want to sit down as this could be a shock - people living in Nebraska may not all root for the Huskers. Some root for Michigan (like the guy driving the car with MGOBLUE license plates in my garage) and Oregon (like the guy wearing the Ducks hat in line at the coffee shop this AM) or Oklahoma (like the have a zillion people wearing OU hats I see around here).

So again, the "one team" thing has no merit. We have TV. We have radio. We have the internet. We can follow any team we want, and many do.