ESPN Tradition Battle

How are we losing, mine says we have 51% of the vote

It's flipped a couple of times in the past couple of hours. We were ahead, then tied at 50% for a while, then the Buckeyes jumped ahead, and now we're back in the lead 51/49.

I need to shoot myself. I know how dumb this thing is, I know it's a farce, and yet I just spent the last 30 minutes creating a spreadsheet showing the actual votes and percentages of all 50 states, D.C. and the "international" vote. If this were remotely accurate, Nebraska would be leading this poll 58,222-32,236, or 64%-36%. There were, at the time I started counting, 90,458 total votes on the map, not 61k and change like ESPN showed.

The number they're showing is an average of each state's percentage of votes. This is blatantly stupid, because Nebraska's 96%/4% split actually counts for more than Ohio's 89%/11% split. Which is dumb, because Nebraska's 96%/4% gives the Huskers 4,321 votes while Ohio's 89%/11% split gives the Buckeyes 6,133 votes.

Six thousand votes should carry more weight than four thousand.

I just wasted 30 minutes of my life on this. Embarrassing.

Also notice how Florida had 2,660 votes, 63% of them going towards Ohio State

If you are an NBA fan you should know that most people in florida are voting for osu because of Lebron James. 99% of his fans are automatically Ohio State fans due to the fact he is from Ohio and had a choice of playing b-ball at OSU instead of going directly to the NBA

If you are an NBA fan you should know that most people in florida are voting for osu because of Lebron James. 99% of his fans are automatically Ohio State fans due to the fact he is from Ohio and had a choice of playing b-ball at OSU instead of going directly to the NBA

I would almost guarantee that's not the reason. I would bet they're voting for OSU for two reasons: 1, they actually believe our only tradition is touching the horseshoe or 2, they're still smarting over the butt-whooping we put on Florida and Miami in the 90s.

#1 What kind of reasoning is that?

#2 I know it has been said in the past that he would have gone to OSU but you really don't know. For all we know he could have went to Akron to play ball in college. With everything going on at OSU I am glad he didn't attend OSU. He had more question marks surrounding him and his eligibility in HS than any one of the football players at OSU.

#3 Win, lose, or draw for either school....this poll stuff is stupid. Personally I would take the tradition at OSU over almost any other school but that hardly makes it better.

2. they're still smarting over the butt-whooping we put on Florida and Miami in the 90s.

Now we did whip Florida in 95 but in no way or fashion did we ever whip Miami unless you start calling a touchdown victory a buttwhooping. Also two years before that they shut us out 22-0. If anything we were lucky in 01 that Miami let up cause they could've pounded us in the ground. Miami has had our number just like Texas.