ESPN Tradition Battle

Michigan: 37%

Nebraska: 63%

Total Votes: 336,049(!) chuckleshuffle

Apparently Nebraska has better hackers. :)

What's funny is to read the comments on the vote. The Wolverines fans started off by explaining to each other how to cheat the vote, via multiple browsers, deletion of cookies, all the usual stuff.

Then, as redblooded explained, someone started automating votes for Michigan and their totals jumped dramatically. Then someone started automating votes for Nebraska, only they clearly did it much better, and now we're way ahead.

So the argument on the Michigan side isn't that Nebraska fans cheated - it's that we cheated more effectively than they cheated. That's not a compelling argument.

• Fire 1

So the argument on the Michigan side isn't that Nebraska fans cheated - it's that we cheated more effectively than they cheated.

Substitute Texas for Michigan, Oklahoma for Nebraska, and remove 'fans', and you've just created a post summing up each program's football history. :thumbs

Just thought I'd share. :)

I wonder what ESPN's gonna say

Nothing would be my guess, and again its not hacking... It's no different then clearing your cookies and voting again except that it is faster and just a tad less carpal tunnel involved.

Yes, both sides are botting. Michigan is trying to figure out what the hell happened and how to stop it. They've got some amusing people working on a solution as we speak... like this guy:

"Totally necessary to interupt expensive lawyers day to vote in an online poll, wow. Btw I've coded the base model for the bug I'll put Into the flash program which will give UM 2 votes a second and Nebraska 1 vote a second."

If you have no idea what most of that means, its not because it is taken out of context as the comment makes no sense where it was posted either. Although it's nice of him to throw us that pity vote.

Man ESPN is deleting alot of the comments. Someone even posted how to do a bot and it was taken off within a minute.

Yeah I copied it before they deleted it, he posted it multiple times.

Modified for Nebraska of course. Save it as a .vbs file in windows and click it. I'm not certain it will work though, but it won't harm your computer. You won't be able to see it running, it'll just pop up alert windows at you.

Removed, don't waste your time with that code