best places to visit before and after a game

Frat guys are douches.

Aw someone didn't get a bid.

Seriously, this comment offers what, exactly?

I'm guessing you're a frat guy since you took offense. Because of that I'll also assume your reading comprehension is off. Go back to the beginning of the thread and figure out the joke you're missing.

Man, there are a lot of good places/hangs that people haven't brought up. Yia Yia's (on O street) is good for beer and/or pizza. Down in the Haymarket, Vincenzo's is very good Italian food, not too expensive. The Oven is widely considered the best restaurant in town - I usually don't put Indian food together with football, but it's your call. A little further away from the stadium but still within walking distance, "La Mexicana" is a pretty solid Mexican restaurant/grocery store run by a local family. I'm also surprised nobody brought up Bisonwitches, a great sandwich place. If you're on that block, go there - not BWW.

An earlier post nailed it on the head too - there is a generational gap as far as the bars go. College kids tend to be on O Street, the older folks tend to be down in the Haymarket. A couple of nice, laid-back, grown-up hangs down in the Haymarket include the Starlite Lounge and Doc's Place.

Frat guys are douches.

I'm guessing you're a frat guy since you took offense. Because of that I'll also assume your reading comprehension is off. Go back to the beginning of the thread and figure out the joke you're missing.

Oh no you din't.

best places to visit before and after a game

I'd grab an ice cream cone and sit out by Broyhill Fountain. Just watch the world go by for half hour or so. Then you could head over and catch the Cornhusker Marching Band Pregame Spectacular.

What are some of the other pre/post game festivities and rituals that are really big with the students?

Yeah, there isn't much of this sort of thing. You could watch the Cornhusker Marching Band over by the music building - about an hour before kickoff they do a little concert there, and then you can watch their march to the stadium which is fun. The student body as a whole doesn't do much though, other than hang out on O Street, go to the game, and then back to O Street.

Frat guys are douches.

OMG!

:corndance:nanalama

Frat guys are douches.

OMG!

:corndance:nanalama

plus, ya know, frat guys are douches.

Bubba could get $5million or $6 million for a signing bonus, if he chose to play baseball, but that bonus is normally paid out over 4 or 5 years time, and not all given out in one lump sum, so he might be looking at $1.5 to $2 million right away, which is a ton of money and still enough to make most people sign. But taking that into consideration, and the fact that he would have to come up through the minors to get to the big leagues, which a very small percentage of top 5 draft picks ever make it to, makes the NU option in my eyes the more attractive route to go.

He has already been told he can play both baseball and football for one, therefore improving his baseball skills under Erstad for four years. The millions will still be there for him in 4 years anyway, should he not make it as a QB in the NFL someday? He is only increasing his chances long-term to make it as a professional athlete in either one of 2 sports by attending NU for 4 years, so I'm guessing there is a decent chance we will get him to enroll and stay at Nebraska!

Bubba could get $5million or $6 million for a signing bonus, if he chose to play baseball, but that bonus is normally paid out over 4 or 5 years time, and not all given out in one lump sum, so he might be looking at $1.5 to $2 million right away, which is a ton of money and still enough to make most people sign. But taking that into consideration, and the fact that he would have to come up through the minors to get to the big leagues, which a very small percentage of top 5 draft picks ever make it to, makes the NU option in my eyes the more attractive route to go.

He has already been told he can play both baseball and football for one, therefore improving his baseball skills under Erstad for four years. The millions will still be there for him in 4 years anyway, should he not make it as a QB in the NFL someday? He is only increasing his chances long-term to make it as a professional athlete in either one of 2 sports by attending NU for 4 years, so I'm guessing there is a decent chance we will get him to enroll and stay at Nebraska!

BUT WILL HE JOIN A FRATERNITY AND WHERE WILL HE TAILGATE!!!!!111!

that is the real question here

If he joins a fraternity he'll 'gate at the house. You know that.

If he joins a fraternity he'll 'gate at the house. You know that.

Touché

I know bars are out but the starlight lounge is worth mentioning, that place is awesome, retro "rat pack" feel and great cocktails...get the moscow mule. I also like to go to Buzzard Billy's right after the game, you'll probably wait 30-45 minutes but it's a nice place to sit down and have some mediocre cajun food. The best wings in town are at the Watering Hole, original grilled, it's awfully small though so you're gonna have to do some jockeying to get a table...other than that I usually just hang out at tail gates and have a couple (read: alot) of beers before going to the game about an hour before kick off.