Huskers 18 to 1

I'm gonna get killed for this....but I like $100 on TX. One upset against OK and they'd be in the big dance assuming they win out in the Big(not)12.

With Garrett Gilbert as their presumed starting QB, I wouldn't put a dime on Texas. He'd have to be at least twice as good as he was last year for them to have a shot.

I'm gonna get killed for this....but I like $100 on TX. One upset against OK and they'd be in the big dance assuming they win out in the Big(not)12.

I agree w/ you. Same can be said for Wisconsin. IF they beat us on 10/1, they just have to get past Michigan State (overrated) and Ohio State (don't need to explain). They'd still have the championship game, but their schedule is less than impressive. 28-1. I'd put 20 bucks on it.

With Garrett Gilbert as their presumed starting QB, I wouldn't put a dime on Texas. He'd have to be at least twice as good as he was last year for them to have a shot.

Might have been better off getting $100 worth of scratch offs....

Might have been better off getting $100 worth of scratch offs....

Yea...prolly true...though sounds like Colt Jr, you know - the real McCoy - is gonna get the nod.

Nebraska needs to prove we can show up every game. I'm glad Vegas shares the optimism of the board and I do feel the potential for greatness out of this team. That said, we are the new guy on the block and will be getting everyone's best shot. With the question marks at QB, inconsistent O-line play, and overhauling the entire offense, I think the safe money is not on Nebraska winning a national title. I hope the hiccups of the the past are behind us. The schedule is not nearly as daunting as it seemed last year, but there are some toss up games. I'm assuming we stumble a bit, but a berth in the Big 10 championship should be within our reach.

Nebraska needs to prove we can show up every game.

Agree, and this is a big key. The Bo Pelini Era has progressed from the depths of despair (early 2008) to where we're finally back to beating top ten teams (Missouri, #6 and undefeated before last October), but we've seen time and again where the Huskers simply don't show up mentally for a game, and that rests with Bo. There are many examples, including 2009 Iowa State, 2010 SDSU and 2010 Washington (Holiday Bowl). If we can tighten up the mental aspect, we'll be in good shape.