2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

I am baffled how Bachmann won the straw poll, I would tend to think Bob Vander Plaats army of religious fruit loops had a hand. My view on this woman is that she is completely out of her mind. I am with the majority that the GOP does not have a solid candidate that will seriously challenge Obama.

Bachmann purchased $30 voting tickets for 6,000 straw poll voters. 4,800 of those presumably voted for her. As Jon Stewart put it, she is successfully purchasing votes at an 80% rate.

I am baffled how Bachmann won the straw poll, I would tend to think Bob Vander Plaats army of religious fruit loops had a hand. My view on this woman is that she is completely out of her mind. I am with the majority that the GOP does not have a solid candidate that will seriously challenge Obama.

Bachmann purchased $30 voting tickets for 6,000 straw poll voters. 4,800 of those presumably voted for her. As Jon Stewart put it, she is successfully purchasing votes at an 80% rate.

I don't really understand that whole tents thing. Can someone explain it to me? It sounds so incredibly shady.

I don't really understand that whole tents thing. Can someone explain it to me? It sounds so incredibly shady.

I don't know too many details. All I know is that Bachmann's tent was air conditioned and I believe Randy Travis was in attendance. Also, she apparently gave her supporters those 6,000 tickets . . . that she spent $180,000 on.

In general, a tent is an impermanent structure, typically built out of a kind of cloth or fabric, that can provide shade, as you say. However, their primary function is to provide temporary shelter to campers. Other tents are erected specifically as sunshades - for example, tailgate tents. So yes, they are shady, and the more dense the fabric is, the more "incredible" the shade.

• Fire 4

So Pawlenty withdrew based on the results of this 16,000-person straw poll vote, where votes were basically "bought". How can anyone base any decision on a POS poll like this? 16,000 is a puny number to begin with.

knapplc, lmao. Have an internets, you earned it! :)

Alright, maybe she is a bit batsh&t crazy. Still, I'm willing to listen, after all, how sane can you be if you want this job. BTW sounds like alot of Iowans are listening to her too.

"Two things I just can't stand. People who are intolerant of other peoples culture and the f'ing Dutch" -Nigel Powers

Bachmann won the Iowa poll because she spent a ton of money.

http://www.unelected.org/how-michele-bachmann-bought-the-ames-straw-poll

And I don't consider bigotry and ignorance to be "culture", if that's what you're implying. It's bigotry and ignorance.

You know who did consider bigotry and ignorance to be "culture"...?

Just sayin'.

Obama will probably win the election, because Americans will settle for ineffective over crazy.

Can't say that I disagree. We will see.

But ineffective is because of the crazy.

Had crazy not been around and "real" Republicans been in those seats, you would have seen a $4 trillion deficit reduction, the closing of tax loopholes, a debt ceiling increase, and a certain end to the Bush Tax cuts (which in of itself will reduce the deficit by trillions). Obama would have gotten the Democrats to fall in line behind it, and both Obama and the Republican (non-derp) Congress come out as adults that can fix problems.

Ma and Pa Kettle (that hasn't been tainted by derp) realize this, and the polls show this realization as well. Unless the Republicans drop the Tea Party like a bad habit, "regular" Republicans will be dragged down in 2012 by their extremist party interlopers.

Obama will probably win the election, because Americans will settle for ineffective over crazy.

Can't say that I disagree. We will see.

But ineffective is because of the crazy.

Had crazy not been around and "real" Republicans been in those seats, you would have seen a $4 trillion deficit reduction, the closing of tax loopholes, a debt ceiling increase, and a certain end to the Bush Tax cuts (which in of itself will reduce the deficit by trillions). Obama would have gotten the Democrats to fall in line behind it, and both Obama and the Republican (non-derp) Congress come out as adults that can fix problems.

Ma and Pa Kettle (that hasn't been tainted by derp) realize this, and the polls show this realization as well. Unless the Republicans drop the Tea Party like a bad habit, "regular" Republicans will be dragged down in 2012 by their extremist party interlopers.

First of all, "derp" is the dumbest f'ing thing I've heard of in a while. Don't be afraid to use the english language.

Up until Osama got shot, the only thing Obama was going to be remembered for was being the first black president, as previously stated.

The Republicans, as long as they keep talking, are going to get Obama reelected, due to the simple fact is, they say some of the dumbest sh*t.

I want to know where they've been hiding the real democrats and republicans? All I see is overpaid, b*tch made douchebags running around capitol hill, wasting money on tour buses and misusing flying privliges.