B1G, Big Ten Network and Dish Network

I have an installation date with DirectTV right before the season begins. I would of stayed with Cox, but they farted around too long. Not happy about them forcing me to get a digitial card either. I have been a customer of their's for 25 years but they don't seem to interested in keeping me. They are only interested in attracting new customers, so after 25 years of being a cox customer, bye-bye. I am locked into Dirctv for 2 years now. We will see how it goes. chuckleshuffle

If prices keep escalating the way they are, I might be dropping TV in general. I can't afford it. The gouging is getting out of hand and this is discretionary spending.

Dish Network crew signing in. They've been good to me.

I am scheduled to have Dish Network installed next weekend. That had much lower prices for what I need and I get a free sling box which to me is an awesome deal. When I told the rep at the Cox store I was leaving them for Dish Network because the price was much lower they didn't seem to care and gladly cancelled my service.

I am scheduled to have Dish Network installed next weekend. That had much lower prices for what I need and I get a free sling box which to me is an awesome deal. When I told the rep at the Cox store I was leaving them for Dish Network because the price was much lower they didn't seem to care and gladly cancelled my service.

The Sling Box is a very cool thing to have!

How'd you score the free slingbox? I've been waffling back and forth between Dish's lower monthly rates and DirecTV's free installation, but a free slingbox would probably sway me to Dish.

How'd you score the free slingbox? I've been waffling back and forth between Dish's lower monthly rates and DirecTV's free installation, but a free slingbox would probably sway me to Dish.

If you are a new customer and sign up for auto pay and a couple of things it is free.

http://www.dishnetwo...re/default.aspx

If you are going to sign up you can also get $50 off your bill if you use the code info below.

www.dish.com/friend

Referral Gift Card Number:

VCD0007400298

Offer Code:

01DIRCD

I called Dish Network yesterday to confirm whether or not, since I live in Texas, if I order the multi-sports package that includes the Big Ten Network, that I will also get the overflow channels on Saturdays. It took me about 20 minutes to confirm, since the girl I spoke to didn't know the answer and had to consult with other employees and ultimately her supervisor to confirm this. The answer is yes, at least here in the San Antonio area. I then subscribed to the multi-sports package and was able to watch the Big Ten Network programming. This morning when I woke up, I scanned all programming for Nebraska events and find that UT Chattanooga vs Nebraska will be on Channel 5444 (ALT 10), at least according to the schedule. I programmed my receiver to record the event and it was accepted to record, which is a good sign. Please forgive me for this post, as I know this subject irritates a lot of people on this board, but I was still unsure as of yesterday whether I would get the overflow channels if I subscribed to the multi-sports package on Dish Network. According to the Fighting Illini site that I was reading regarding the Big Ten Network, it is not a given that you will get the overflow channels if you live in a state outside the Big Ten.

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed but does anyone know what's going on with Cox? I have BTN in my package but it says Illinois is the game for the 2:30 slot. However, the 2:30 game for ESPN is TBA so is it possible that we are on ESPN? Also I noticed that Huskerpedia took off BTN as the program that is airing the game.

I don't get the game Saturday :angry: Anyone want to catch the game at Joe Sensers in Bloomington, MN?

What provider do you have? Some carriers have BTN2Go http://www.bigtennetwork.com/generic/video/BTN2Go

I'm starting to have my doubts about getting it here, too. There are two 'active' channels listed on my Comcast lineup, and only one has a game listed during that time, and I don't get the BTN2Go thing (yet).