Curious Buckeye fan

You don't get the issue with blanket statements do you?

Show me how he cheated in 1999-2009 and I'll admit it.

I want evidence of constant cheating. After all, he's been cheating since 1988 so you should have no problem with finding it.

I can only take the word of the person who admits the violation at YSU but says Tressel had nothing to do with it prior to him coming to Ohio State. I don't have much information about how YSU works nor do I really care enough to refute that. So fr the sake of argument. He cheated at YSU. But I see no proof of him cheating at Ohio State.

I want concrete evidence of him cheating at Ohio State before tattoogate before I can admit it. Here are your only stipulations:

Clarrett admitted he lied, so you can't use him.

Smith was suspended for his violations so you can't use him.

Anything related to cars recently was cleared, so you can't use them.

Go ahead. Prove cheating done while he was at Ohio State.

Why can't I use him.(Clarett) Just because Clarett was part of a cover up in 2003/2004 and now wants to clear his name, we are to believe this didn't happened.

Ray Isaacs lied for years.

Jim Tressel has lied for years.

Maurice Clarett......Clarett says that while he was at Ohio State in 2002 and 2003 head coach Jim Tressel, as well as certain members of his staff and boosters, provided him with improper benefits. He says he covered up Tressel's improprieties during the NCAA investigation and afterward, Ohio State "blackballed'' him from the football program.

When a 19 year old kid who is not very mature and is a primadonna, lies to protect the coach and school, then is blackballed, he has a reason to clear his name. Where is the lawsuit against Clarett for defamation of character against Tressel and his staff? They had the money to do it. Those are some pretty serious allegations by Clarett. Never happened!!!!!

This is what I know. You admit Tressel cheated in 1988 and was involved in misdeeds at YSU. You admit that he cheated the game and let ineligible players play in 2010. Sandwiched between those two huge scandals is the Clarett scandal that you say didn't happen because he (Clarett) tried to cover it up and now tells a different story.

I choose to believe that, if it looks like a duck in 1988 and in 2010, it was a cheating duck in 2003/2004.

No proof, but the truth is in the details.

It will come out in Tressel's tell all. That is his last chance to make more money.

lol at the OSU fans who admit that cheating happened before 1999, and after 2009, but are convinced nothing happened in between there. How naive can you be?

I don't know what happened with the NCAA ruling. My best guess is Ohio State hired Johnny Cochran to do his Chewbacca defense.

It’s not over for us just yet. We have our day in front of the NCAA next month. I still expect us to receive some form of punishment from them.

Never trust a guy who can't spell probably, personal policy.

you truely are an homer.

:facepalm:

I'm confused. People who think Nebraska is squeaky clean are homosexual? Or have yellow skin like the denizens of Springfield? Whichever it is, I don't understand the correlation.

There's a correlation between stupidity and gullibility, but not sexual orientation or skin color and gullibility.

But if you think The Dude gave a fruit about the subject of your post than you are sadly mistaken.

you truely are an homer.

I'm confused. People who think Nebraska is squeaky clean are homosexual? Or have yellow skin like the denizens of Springfield? Whichever it is, I don't understand the correlation.

There's a correlation between stupidity and gullibility, but not sexual orientation or skin color and gullibility.

But if you think The Dude gave a fruit about the subject of your post than you are sadly mistaken.

I think you're a bit confused about what a homer is - it's not a homO ... quickly pulled from yahoo answers : If you are a "homer", than you are biased towards your team in all aspects of the game. Your team can do no wrong, and you consitently overrate your teams players, you think they have no flaws. That's about the gist of it.

Also - to Coqui - you say you can't use Troy Smith as proof of cheating b/c he was suspended, but that makes no sense whatsoever. He was CAUGHT. He was PUNISHED. I think it's pretty evident, even from Tressel's comments that were released in the dialogue, that he knew what he was about to do (not tell the staff at OSU or the compliance department or report it or whatever) was wrong. Some would say that playing inelligible players would be cheating. Tressel did just that.

you truely are an homer.

I think you're a bit confused about what a homer is - it's not a homO ... quickly pulled from yahoo answers

ah, thank you. I just assumed it was a mispelling, for... reasons I don't need to explain. I think I just misspelt misspelling. And I think misspelt isn't a word.

lol at the OSU fans who admit that cheating happened before 1999, and after 2009, but are convinced nothing happened in between there. How naive can you be?

I don't know what happened with the NCAA ruling. My best guess is Ohio State hired Johnny Cochran to do his Chewbacca defense.

I didn't admit to cheating before. I said for the sake of argument without knowing full details nor knowing how YSU operates, I'm not going to argue that point because I knew little about that side.

I guess I should just say Nebraska's been cheating since Cody Glenn

Also - to Coqui - you say you can't use Troy Smith as proof of cheating b/c he was suspended, but that makes no sense whatsoever. He was CAUGHT. He was PUNISHED. I think it's pretty evident, even from Tressel's comments that were released in the dialogue, that he knew what he was about to do (not tell the staff at OSU or the compliance department or report it or whatever) was wrong. Some would say that playing inelligible players would be cheating. Tressel did just that.

He was caught by Ohio State. He was punished by Ohio State. Ohio State told the NCAA and the NCAA accepted the punishment Ohio State gave Smith. How is that proof of Tressel cheating? That's why you can't use Smith.

The things people clamoring for the death penalty always seem to forget, is that Ohio State self reported these violations. Without Ohio State self reporting, 99% of the ammo you guys (those who want the death penalty) would never be exposed.

But next time someone needs to use a phone to contact a hospital, I guess we should just tell them to f#*k off. No need to give opposing fanbases ammo after all.

(Yes, that was one of the 10 straight years of violations that people mention)