Key Huskers: #5 Taylor Martinez

I've found it easy to forget just how good he was. My memory of him last season is tainted by his injury and overshadowed by the team's implosion down the stretch. When I go back and watch highlights from the Washington, KState, or OSU games, I'm blown away. To think he was a RS freshman assuming the role of starting QB is incredible. Here's to hoping for a healthy and productive first season in the Big 10.

Just think what he could do if he improves even a little bit. Even with modest improvement like you would expect from your Freshman year to your Sophomore year, and health, he could be a terror.

He could tear the Big10 to pieces with average fr to so improvement. Add in our new qb, OC, wr, Oline coaches and I think there's a very good chance he will.

GBR!!

u mean like barney cotton? LOL

I cannot understand how ANYONE would not feel that Taylor Martinez' health/performance is not the biggest factor in whether our season is a success or failure... His play determined the quality of the entire offense last year. We can probably assume that the defense is solid (great odds there), so the offense is the key...

I cannot understand how ANYONE would not feel that Taylor Martinez' health/performance is not the biggest factor in whether our season is a success or failure... His play determined the quality of the entire offense last year. We can probably assume that the defense is solid (great odds there), so the offense is the key...

A lot of it depends on the abilities of his backup. When Taylor went out last year Green couldn't move the offense, and Lee was (we're told) all banged up and couldn't play. If Martinez goes down, the question becomes, can Carnes effectively move the offense? If he can, we're OK.