Official HB Good Beer Thread

Bought a Pyramid Brewery spring sampler pack. It contains Honey Bock, Discord Dark IPA, Irish Red Ale, and their Hefeweizen.

The Discord is pretty good, as is the Irish Red. The Honey Bock is kinda bland, but might be something good to drink on a hot day.

Hefeweizen is tasty too. Kinda late to be drinking a spring pack, but it just sounded good.

• 4 weeks later...

spring.jpg

Picked up a 12 pack of this before a barbecue last weekend. Pretty decent. I don't think that I've met a Sam Adams brew yet that I dislike. They aren't all great . . . but they're generally solid.

Have you picked up the summer sampler?

I bought one over the weekend. Some pretty decent stuff in there: Summer Ale, Boston Lager, Porch Rocker, Belgian Session, Little White Rye, and Blueberry Hill Lager.

I bought one over the weekend. Some pretty decent stuff in there: Summer Ale, Boston Lager, Porch Rocker (radler), Belgian Session, Little White Rye (all-new) and Blueberry Hill Lager (all-new).

One of our friends brought one over to our house a few weeks ago and I tried the Little White Rye and the Blueberry Hill. Overall, pretty good beers.

This year I plan on buying at least one store out of SA Octoberfest and stockpiling it in the basement.

I bought one over the weekend. Some pretty decent stuff in there: Summer Ale, Boston Lager, Porch Rocker (radler), Belgian Session, Little White Rye (all-new) and Blueberry Hill Lager (all-new).

One of our friends brought one over to our house a few weeks ago and I tried the Little White Rye and the Blueberry Hill. Overall, pretty good beers.

This year I plan on buying at least one store out of SA Octoberfest and stockpiling it in the basement.

I really like the Little White Rye. Something about the sage in it.

And I'm right there with ya on the Octoberfest. I got pretty bombed drinking that at the Miami airport when I had a layover last fall.

spring.jpg

Picked up a 12 pack of this before a barbecue last weekend. Pretty decent. I don't think that I've met a Sam Adams brew yet that I dislike. They aren't all great . . . but they're generally solid.

I bought one over the weekend. Some pretty decent stuff in there: Summer Ale, Boston Lager, Porch Rocker, Belgian Session, Little White Rye, and Blueberry Hill Lager.

i picked up the sampler. dropped it and broke the two little white rye. very upsetting as i was most excited to try those. i have tried the porch rocker and enjoy it quite a bit. it reminds me of a combination of blue moon and a summer shandy.

spring.jpg

i picked up the sampler. dropped it and broke the two little white rye. very upsetting as i was most excited to try those. i have tried the porch rocker and enjoy it quite a bit. it reminds me of a combination of blue moon and a summer shandy.

Porch rocker is good stuff. If you're willing, go back and get another. The Little White Rye is something I have never tasted. The sage threw me off something fierce.

I got an 8-pack from Tallgrass Brewery, had the Velvet Rooster Belgium Style Tripel and Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Cream Stout last night. Both were good, but the Buffalo Sweat was great! The Rooster needs to set just a few minutes because when it's ice cold it has a bite to it. Mellows out if you let it set 5 to 10 minutes. Has 8.5 abv and the Buffalo Sweat has 5.0 abv. The other two beers that came in the case are Oasis dry-hopped imperial ESB, which I'll probably hate, and the 8-bit pale ale which has been dry hopped. I'm not in to hoppy beers so I'll probably hate both of these, but I'll give 'em a shot.

I got an 8-pack from Tallgrass Brewery, had the Velvet Rooster Belgium Style Tripel and Buffalo Sweat Oatmeal Cream Stout last night. Both were good, but the Buffalo Sweat was great! The Rooster needs to set just a few minutes because when it's ice cold it has a bite to it. Mellows out if you let it set 5 to 10 minutes. Has 8.5 abv and the Buffalo Sweat has 5.0 abv. The other two beers that came in the case are Oasis dry-hopped imperial ESB, which I'll probably hate, and the 8-bit pale ale which has been dry hopped. I'm not in to hoppy beers so I'll probably hate both of these, but I'll give 'em a shot.

The 8-bit was not good IMO.........didn't get a chance to try the Oasis.