Super Conference what ifs part 2

Once again aTm is talking $EC, and if somehow they did manage leave the crooked big 12-2 and Texas legislature, the possibility of super conferences increase drastically. If the SEC was able to getthe aTm, there's talk they'd probably bring in OU, Clemson and a 4th team as well. My question is what would be the Big Ten's move? Do we tap into the Big East and grab Pitt, Rutgers or Syracuse (for the NY market) and attempt to force ND to join our conference? Do we go after Kansas or Missouri?

What are your thoughts?

If OU and aTm manage to leave the Longhorn Conference, then you might see them add Clemson and another eastern team to make a 16 team conference. I'm sure the Pac 12 and B1G would catch onto the idea and add teams of their own. B1G probably adding Missouri, ND, West Virginia, and Pittsburgh. Don't know who the Pac 12 would add besides Boise State

Sad thing is, the NY market doesn't really care about College Football.

If you were to ask anyone about college football around NYC, you'd find an overwhelming amount of Notre Dame fans. I thought that was odd due to the fact that you have Syracuse, Penn St, and Rutgers within driving distance. Even with UConn's new found credibility, if they wanted to truly tap into the NYC market, they'd have to get ND.

If you were to ask anyone about college football around NYC, you'd find an overwhelming amount of Notre Dame fans. I thought that was odd due to the fact that you have Syracuse, Penn St, and Rutgers within driving distance. Even with UConn's new found credibility, if they wanted to truly tap into the NYC market, they'd have to get ND.

Thats the sad truth about living in the northeast, no real passion for college football.

Lots of baseball fans round here.

Thats the sad truth about living in the northeast, no real passion for college football.

Thats precisely right. Pro football, baseball, basketball, and even hockey are more followed than college football.

In the NYC area, there are 9 pro sports teams.

They'd be a great fit, but ND is only joining the B1G if the Big East implodes. They've got no problem staying independent in football as long as they've got a great place to play basketball. That & as long as NBC is willing to pay them big $ to televise their games.

I would guess one of the top targets would be Kansas so long as they are not shackled to Kansas State. We got a major football (and all sports but basketball) boost with Nebraska and I would expect them to go after one of the top all time basketball programs.

Thats precisely right. Pro football, baseball, basketball, and even hockey are more followed than college football.

In the NYC area, there are 9 pro sports teams.

I was working in Boston in 2007 when for a brief moment BC and WVU controlled their own destiny to the BCSCG. It was buried on page 7E of the Boston Globe while everyone at lunch was talking about the latest BoSox signings. I think I convinced them that the BC and BCS were two unrelated abbreviations.

Let's assume we eventually get to 4 16-team football mega conferences - B10, SEC, P12 and most likely ACC. That is 64 teams. That would be a pick up of 16 teams for the remaining conferences.

The Big East has 10 counting TCU and there's 10 in the B12. Add ND, Boise and BYU to the mix. I believe the probability of ND and Texas staying independent is high so take those two out. That leaves 21 teams to fill 16 spots. There will be some shuffling between conferences and I don't think any current teams will be kicked out of the B10, SEC, P12 or ACC. So 5 will get left out from BE, B12 and Boise and BYU.

I think Boise and BYU end up in P12. Cincy, Louisville, Iowa State, Kansas and K-State are on the outside looking in IMO.

This is all going to hinge on the B12 implosion. Then some swaping amongst the power conferences.

SEC

AM

OU

If to 16:

OSU & WVU or

OSU & Another Tx school - TT

B10

Maryland

Missouri

If to 16:

Kansas/Pitt/GT/Clemson

I'd be suprised if Clemson gets into the Big 10. I'm betting Clemson will be one of the first teams that the SEC picks up.

Let's assume we eventually get to 4 16-team football mega conferences - B10, SEC, P12 and most likely ACC. That is 64 teams. That would be a pick up of 16 teams for the remaining conferences.

The Big East has 10 counting TCU and there's 10 in the B12. Add ND, Boise and BYU to the mix. I believe the probability of ND and Texas staying independent is high so take those two out. That leaves 21 teams to fill 16 spots. There will be some shuffling between conferences and I don't think any current teams will be kicked out of the B10, SEC, P12 or ACC. So 5 will get left out from BE, B12 and Boise and BYU.

I think Boise and BYU end up in P12. Cincy, Louisville, Iowa State, Kansas and K-State are on the outside looking in IMO.

I'd say Baylor would probably be left out. The only way they'd be accepted somewhere is if they are accepted as a package deal with the other Texas teams.

Kansas will go somewhere because of their basketball program. I'm not a big basketball fan but I do follow it somewhat. But hasn't Louisville been having a decent basketball program lately. Plus thats a decent market to get into. So I don't think they'd be left out either for those 2 reasons.

Yes, I didn't really think about Baylor. I would change my thinking to include Baylor and TT being part of the MWC and ISU going Conf USA or MWC.

Kansas and Kansas State would make most sense in the Big 10 with Missouri and the fourth team from the east - Maryland or god forbid Rutgers.