Do you like "he said/she said" reports from camp???

Well jeeze ya bunch of negative nancies. This could be true you know. I know people who work in the AD and in the stadium and see these guys every day. I stopped trying to report things because everyone on the board convinces themselves and each other that these things are wrong. I'll play along Axl.

I actually like that the defense is shutting down again. If this is true, I'm really starting to buy into this possibly being the best all-around D in the Pelini tenure. Also sounds like Turner's display at the spring game may not have been a fluke necessarily. Same with Bell. However, I did hear from some very close to Maher that he's on top of the kicker spot as of now.

I think you misunderstood, it said that the D can't stop the O right now, at least that's what I understood.

:facepalm: Guess I read through that line to quickly. Now I don't know what to think :wacko:

I still think just like I did last week. The D-line is softer than it should be.

Aren't they just running 7 on 7 drills in the summer? If so wouldn't the d-line and o-line be, well non-existent?

Well jeeze ya bunch of negative nancies. This could be true you know. I know people who work in the AD and in the stadium and see these guys every day. I stopped trying to report things because everyone on the board convinces themselves and each other that these things are wrong. I'll play along Axl.

I actually like that the defense is shutting down again. If this is true, I'm really starting to buy into this possibly being the best all-around D in the Pelini tenure. Also sounds like Turner's display at the spring game may not have been a fluke necessarily. Same with Bell. However, I did hear from some very close to Maher that he's on top of the kicker spot as of now.

I think you misunderstood, it said that the D can't stop the O right now, at least that's what I understood.

:facepalm: Guess I read through that line to quickly. Now I don't know what to think :wacko:

I still think just like I did last week. The D-line is softer than it should be.

Aren't they just running 7 on 7 drills in the summer? If so wouldn't the d-line and o-line be, well non-existent?

Mostly. There are situational drills. They aren't always very pretty.

edit. . and on offense Center could be a problem too. Our #2 from last year is probably not on the three deep this year and our #1 still isn't full go and just isn't built exactly like they want for the offense.

This was emailed to me from a friend who I assume is getting this from another board.

1. Mid-Summer Camp Update- you're welcome :)

Passing along to my friends......

Offense:

In the spring the NU defense shut down the NU offense all the time. Now in the summer, the NU defense can't stop them. Lots more option, similar to Oregon in what we've been running in 7's. A bunch of no huddle with a card system to signal in plays while on the run.

QB:

Martinez: bulked up with an added 12-15 pounds of muscle. Quickness appears to be intact and allegedly is throwing the ball better.

WRs:

Brandon K. looks to make an impact. Bell is making huge strides in 7’s.

Quincy E. is a physical freak but still can't seem to put it together on the field.

Abdullah may see slot time backing up Turner. Turner goes into fall camp as #1 at slot.

RB:

“very, very impressed” with all of the freshman running backs. Fall camp will decide which one redshirts.

Heard came in looking the most physically ready of all the freshmen.

Abdullah “bigger than they expected”

Rex is a great leader and has put in the effort to help the young guys.

FB:

will be Legate’s spot to lose

OL:

Concern on staff that Moore may get too cocky being a possible starter at RG (edit by TD: could be tackle) from Day 1.

ST:

Freshman kicker is making a run at FG’s. Maher will be the punter barring the unexpected.

_______

Recruiting tidbit:

Staff has been calling around looking for JUCO targets, especially QB’s.

Tell your friend, we know who he is and we are cancelling his membership for sharing such info!!!! Just kidding, but "a freind" also sent me a very similar email.... actually it was the exact same email word for word.

Just curious, does anyone else think this?

Just curious, does anyone else think this?

We gave up way too many rushing yards last year, to pretty much everyone. Nobody knows if we've fixed that heading into this season, because nobody has watched the D Line in game-like situations yet.

You joined last year. You weren't here for the disaster this board was during the end of the Callahan era, during the height of the Rumorville days. There's a very good reason why many, many people are skeptical about any rumor.

If only IBR was here, then I would be a believer.......

It's encouraging to hear the offensive philosophy and that they are getting over on our defense. Bo hasn't let us down on defense yet and he won't this year, so if all of this is true, this is encouraging and hopefully making huge strides.

But like all off-season reports, stories, fluff-pieces, I take everything with a grain of salt.

Put it on film guys, put it on film.

Personally I'm just very skeptical by nature. I want to see something before I believe it. Or, at the very least, hear it from a reliable source. Like the Taylor Martinez getting his arm chopped off by a samurai rumor. I'm not saying it isn't true, I'm just saying I don't buy it yet.