Sad or happy we don't play Iowa State anymore?

I'm surprised by some of your comments. Is there no respect for over 100 years of conference history together?

Do you respect your toilet just because you p*ss in it every day? Sure there's a history there, but it's nothing that can't easily be replaced.

I'll take that as a no. That mentality is the opposite of what has held the Big Ten together longer than any other conference.

In all seriousness, the vast majority of Nebraska fans are sad to see the old Big 8 go and there was a respect between NU and those schools. However, the Big 12 had grown so dysfunctional that it's hard to imagine missing anything about that sh*tty conference.

I'm confused. Iowa State went from easily replaced toilet to respected opponent?

I'm surprised by some of your comments. Is there no respect for over 100 years of conference history together?

Do you respect your toilet just because you p*ss in it every day? Sure there's a history there, but it's nothing that can't easily be replaced.

I'll take that as a no. That mentality is the opposite of what has held the Big Ten together longer than any other conference.

In all seriousness, the vast majority of Nebraska fans are sad to see the old Big 8 go and there was a respect between NU and those schools. However, the Big 12 had grown so dysfunctional that it's hard to imagine missing anything about that sh*tty conference.

I'm confused. Iowa State went from easily replaced toilet to respected opponent?

If you can't follow that line of thinking, this conversation isn't really going to get much farther

If you can't follow that line of thinking, this conversation isn't really going to get much farther

Then say what you mean and say it clearly.

oh give me a break. this guy has got to be the most high and mighty troll i have seen on here.

Not to be a jerk, but I think he did. Many miss the old Big 8 days, but with the invention of the Big 12 and the corruption and politcal BS that the texa$$ schools brought, we are glad to be done with that mess. That, and all of the 11-1 votes where our "historical brothers" sold us out really didn't sit very well with us.

That being said, I thought that ISU fans were pretty douchy the 2 or 3 times they beat us, but I did have a good time whenever I went to catch a game at Ames. Yes, the Jack is pretty much a Division 3 stadium, but I kindof liked it, it was an easy 3 hour drive. And I never had the issues with DB ISU fans while at the game. So, I'll miss the almost guaranteed win, but I look forward to some better games in the future.

oh give me a break. this guy has got to be the most high and mighty troll i have seen on here.

That's not my intent here. The Big Ten has a culture I'm trying to make you aware of, although I admit it's much stronger among Big Ten alumni than non alumni sports fans only. The Big Ten is very proud of being the oldest conference in FBS, and it's based on a general level of respect for each other's institutions and the history of the conference, even if you hate each other's teams on the field. If there's one hallmark of the Big Ten, it's collaboration, in pretty much everything.

Not to be a jerk, but I think he did. Many miss the old Big 8 days, but with the invention of the Big 12 and the corruption and politcal BS that the texa$$ schools brought, we are glad to be done with that mess. That, and all of the 11-1 votes where our "historical brothers" sold us out really didn't sit very well with us.

That being said, I thought that ISU fans were pretty douchy the 2 or 3 times they beat us, but I did have a good time whenever I went to catch a game at Ames. Yes, the Jack is pretty much a Division 3 stadium, but I kindof liked it, it was an easy 3 hour drive. And I never had the issues with DB ISU fans while at the game. So, I'll miss the almost guaranteed win, but I look forward to some better games in the future.

I get all that, but some of your comments are nothing more than game day smack talk.

That's not my intent here. The Big Ten has a culture I'm trying to make you aware of, although I admit it's much stronger among Big Ten alumni than non alumni sports fans only. The Big Ten is very proud of being the oldest conference in FBS, and it's based on a general level of respect for each other's institutions and the history of the conference, even if you hate each other's teams on the field. If there's one hallmark of the Big Ten, it's collaboration, in pretty much everything.

Have you ever visited a Wisconsin message board? An Ohio State message board? A Michigan message board? A Penn State message board? An Iowa message board?

This "general level of respect" that you're talking about doesn't exist on those boards. Don't pretend that the other members sit around holding hands and singing Kumbaya at each other.

• Fire 9

that may be so among the athletic departments but this is a FAN board not the offices of one Dr. Tom Osborne. we are fans. i believe you to be an Iowa fan and i know for a fact that Iowa fans are some of the most obnoxious self pedestaling FANS around.

so like i said, please stop with the holier than thou attitude. its old. its annoying. responses like mine will only start getting more frequent.

Have you ever visited a Wisconsin message board? An Ohio State message board? A Michigan message board? A Penn State message board? An Iowa message board?

This "general level of respect" that you're talking about doesn't exist on those boards. Don't pretend that the other members sit around holding hands and singing Kumbaya at each other.

What? If you read what I wrote, I made clear the respect is for the history, the conference, and for each others institutions as members of something bigger than themselves, not necessarily the sports teams holding hands. There is a clear distinction which you may or may not grasp. Big Ten fans generally love being part of the Big Ten. That's a fact. If any school left the Big Ten, there would be a sense of regret at the end of an era, even if the move happened to be for the best.