Sad or happy we don't play Iowa State anymore?

I will miss playing ISU. Iowa will be a good replacement. I will miss the Big 8 teams more than the Texas teams because I grew up with those games. I will miss them all at the same level. Prior to the b12 OU would of been the team that I missed the most, but the b12 rotation killed that. So now their relegated to the same level as all the b8 teams.

B1G will be fun and I am looking forward to it.

One thing I attribute to playing ISU at ISU is that game is usually cold and windy. Also will remember Kent laughing about Tommie Fraizer giving T.O dagger eyes. ( When T.O recruited Tommie he said that they don't really play in too many cold games. which is true..... )

happy. they have some of the worst fans around and that includes worse than CU.

This

Went to the 06' game at ISU and two drunk ISU fans were bulldozing their way through the crowd almost knocking over these two older couple in their mid to late 40's. After pushing buy the older couple they shoved my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I got pissed off and told them to calm down and that everybody will get in the stadium eventually. They told me to "F off you f'ing Husker fan" so I got in one of their faces but my brother in law came to my aid and pulled me away from the douchebags and we left.

Same game: I had a little ISU skank punch me in the face for cheering. We were on the grassy area with a ton of Husker fans. Her boyfriend looked at us, grabbed her and they high-tailed it out of there.

This

Went to the 06' game at ISU and two drunk ISU fans were bulldozing their way through the crowd almost knocking over these two older couple in their mid to late 40's. After pushing buy the older couple they shoved my wife (girlfriend at the time) and I got pissed off and told them to calm down and that everybody will get in the stadium eventually. They told me to "F off you f'ing Husker fan" so I got in one of their faces but my brother in law came to my aid and pulled me away from the douchebags and we left.

Same game: I had a little ISU skank punch me in the face for cheering. We were on the grassy area with a ton of Husker fans. Her boyfriend looked at us, grabbed her and they high-tailed it out of there.

Either I know you, or this was a common occurence that year. Had a group of friends go to that game, apparently some psycho b*tch punched one of the guys in the face (sidenote: he's a big guy, I'd never have the balls to punch him in the face). I don't remember the details anymore, but it was apparently evident the NU fans had done nothing to provoke it. The police got involved and everyone around - including several ISU fans - assured the officers the guy was at no fault.

This

Either I know you, or this was a common occurence that year. Had a group of friends go to that game, apparently some psycho b*tch punched one of the guys in the face (sidenote: he's a big guy, I'd never have the balls to punch him in the face). I don't remember the details anymore, but it was apparently evident the NU fans had done nothing to provoke it. The police got involved and everyone around - including several ISU fans - assured the officers the guy was at no fault.

I don't think we had any cops for that. I just laughed it off.

Later on, there was some high school punk that literally came down from the stands to try to fight all of us. Security had to throw him out twice

I loved going to Ames. I loved screwing with all the locals. They just don't like it when you refuted their babble or when you weren't afraid to get in their faces. Many good memories of Jack Trice for this guy. Topped off by being on the "jumbo"tron flipping off the place during Clownahan's first year.

Tailgating around that place was awesome. It just was always cold as hell, windier than hell, or both at the same time.

I actually will miss playing the Clowns.

I'm surprised by some of your comments. Is there no respect for over 100 years of conference history together?

Do you respect your toilet just because you p*ss in it every day? Sure there's a history there, but it's nothing that can't easily be replaced.

I'll take that as a no. That mentality is the opposite of what has held the Big Ten together longer than any other conference.

I'm surprised by some of your comments. Is there no respect for over 100 years of conference history together?

Do you respect your toilet just because you p*ss in it every day? Sure there's a history there, but it's nothing that can't easily be replaced.

I'll take that as a no. That mentality is the opposite of what has held the Big Ten together longer than any other conference.

In all seriousness, the vast majority of Nebraska fans are sad to see the old Big 8 go and there was a respect between NU and those schools. However, the Big 12 had grown so dysfunctional that it's hard to imagine missing anything about that sh*tty conference.