Which Husker is most vital to the team?

87 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough call. I think we'd miss someone on offense more because we're deeper and better on D. I'm going with Martinez. With our line we need a QB with wheels. And nobody has better wheels than him.

Has to be T Mart. We all saw what happened to the Huskers when he went down last year. With him, Huskers good. Without him, Huskers bad! Barring any major loses in fall camp (and with the possible exception of RB*) all of your other choices have a fair amount of depth behind them. So I really can't see an injury to any one of them being "season ending" for Nebraska. QB on the other hand...

* I expect the RB picture to work itself out pretty early. The number of freshmen alone should ease the load. Just look back at what the frosh duo of Rex and D Tray where able to do in their first year on campus. Now substitute the talent and speed of Green, Abdullah and Heard into that picture. Yeah I think they're gonna be fine.

After thinking about it some more I have to go with David, even though I voted Rex.

RB is probably the easiest position for a guy to step up and at least hold down the fort. And we have three very touted freshman here on the roster.

Fonzie is very important and it'd be a big blow to the defense to lose him. But David is unique and can't be replaced with any LB on the roster. Maybe another CB will step up, if Fonzie were not here. A lot of unknown names, but it is slightly more likely than at LB. David's presence at LB gives this defense an edge that it stands zero chance of duplicating without him.

Our DT depth is simply too great for Crick to merit consideration. Caputo has been solid while healthy, but not extraordinary. And I suppose he is undersized.

I can see why people would want to go with Taylor here, but I just don't see that at all. We weren't really without Taylor last year, we forced through it playing an injured Taylor. The one game we really committed to and prepared for without Taylor, was Colorado, with Cody. The real struggles came when we had to go with Taylor injured. Without Taylor, Brion steps up and we have to build around him. Yeah, there'll be freshman mistakes, but Taylor is going to have sophomore mistakes this year anyway. Comes with being new to the QB position compared to most other guys. Taylor has ability, but he's yet to put it together yet. A huge campaign this year could change the answer for next year. But as of now, I don't see Taylor as being on the radar for this poll question.

The answer is T-Mart and its not close. If we're expecting an average season than we can point out a DT, CB or even an offensive line, but if we're gona take it to the next level than our hopes and dreams will rest on the legs, arm and leadership skills of Taylor Martinez.

Remember guys, these young back have to learn how to pass protect more than ever to protect taylor. Rex is huge for us this year.

This is a very solid point actually. Rex said that one of the hardest transitions he had when he got here was learning all the new blocking schemes.

"In high school, you had like one protection to learn," he said. "Now you have so many different things to think about — safety rotation and calls from the linemen and all of that."

http://huskerextra.com/sports/football/article_c5b9189e-c7e5-5fd4-846e-294955347e4f.html

I voted T-Mart and I really didn't have to think about it very long.

When he was healthy, NU played well last year. Once he went down, the ofense struggled...we have absolutely NO DEPTH here...unless you count spring game.

Rex is a stud and it would be a rough go without him, but many within the program are touting the freshmen RB and none may redshirt...says a lot about heir talent...and I know that they have NO experience, but neither did Rex when he burst onto the scene

Fonzie is tough and underrated. I was ecstatic when he announced he was staying...