Interesting First Practice Tidbits

If Okafor is not even in the 105 at this point, in a year when we lost a senior running back and are expected to play two or three true freshman, and you can't even crack the three deep, and you quit the team previously, the saga is pretty much at an end. Sad reality is a lot of guys who play the game will never be serious contributors.

Jones has said before that his back-problems wouldn't be gone but it is disheartening that he's already missing practice. Earlier this summer I read they were playing with Jones moving to guard but with Cotton coming-on like a mofo, the back deal, as well as some rumors of Sirles not hitting on all cylinders I think Jones will stay put.

What's up with Sirles? I haven't heard anything about that...all I know about him is he looooves talking to the media.

Does that mean Yoshi is currently projected to start? What is our starting 5 on the O-line looking like atm, anyway? (Obviously, we have a full month of practice ahead of us. Things could easily be wildly different in two weeks.) Caputo seems to be a given, but who else? Yoshi at LT? I figure Rodriguez is probably a starter at a G spot...

Jones has said before that his back-problems wouldn't be gone but it is disheartening that he's already missing practice. Earlier this summer I read they were playing with Jones moving to guard but with Cotton coming-on like a mofo, the back deal, as well as some rumors of Sirles not hitting on all cylinders I think Jones will stay put.

The other guys not making the 105 weren't surprising but I was a little taken-aback that Middleton is lagging. When he first got here they were talking him up and now this is the second time he didn't make the Fall-105. He's still just a rs-soph but it's not a positive sign.

As far as Bubba goes kid has a ton of bank on the line. I can't blame him for protecting himself.

Middleton is not on the 105 due to academic expectations. Its not talent related.

What's up with Sirles? I haven't heard anything about that...all I know about him is he looooves talking to the media.

Does that mean Yoshi is currently projected to start? What is our starting 5 on the O-line looking like atm, anyway? (Obviously, we have a full month of practice ahead of us. Things could easily be wildly different in two weeks.) Caputo seems to be a given, but who else? Yoshi at LT? I figure Rodriguez is probably a starter at a G spot...

Sirles had offseason shoulder-surgery, still some work to do in terms of getting back to his old self, should get there though.

Kids are not kids anymore, open your eyes, he knew his decision today by not suiting up, so go to baseball thats all I'm saying, don't use nebraska to earn your self more money! Its time to go

Ummm. . . I'm guessing that it was bo's idea for Bubba to not suit up.

We are Nebraska fans. Try to act accordingly.

The other guys not making the 105 weren't surprising but I was a little taken-aback that Middleton is lagging. When he first got here they were talking him up and now this is the second time he didn't make the Fall-105. He's still just a rs-soph but it's not a positive sign.

As far as Bubba goes kid has a ton of bank on the line. I can't blame him for protecting himself.

Middleton is not on the 105 due to academic expectations. Its not talent related.

I read elsewhere that the problem was between his ears but I assumed the problems involved football not academics. That's what happens when one assumes I guess.

By looking at pics from practice, it would be:

LT-Yoshi

LG-ARod

C-Caputo

RG-Cotton

RT-Sirles

LT-Yoshi

LG-ARod

C-Caputo

RG-Cotton

RT-Sirles

Jones is #1 at RT with Moore listed at #2.

Moore is actually penciled in #2 at RT,RG and LT.

LT-Yoshi

LG-ARod

C-Caputo

RG-Cotton

RT-Sirles

Jones is #1 at RT with Moore listed at #2.

Moore is actually penciled in #2 at RT,RG and LT.

So where does Sirles stand? Especially with Jones out, I figured he would be with the ones at RT if Yoshi is holding the LT spot down.