Beck: Dont get something to eat when the O has the ball

"Don't get something to eat when the O has the ball."

Why because when we come back, we're on defense again after a turnover or three-and-out, or because we will puke it back up when we get back.

lol!

Relax compadre'. Callawatts & terrific Ted are long, long gone.

What I don't understand is why someone doesn't just look in this guy's effing past to see what his offenses are well versed in, what he likes to do?

IIRC, when he was a high school coach, he ran the flexbone option. Most flex coaches use run and shoot passing tendencies. Maybe we could watch some Kansas film, to see what kind of routes he likes.

It's not gonna be exact but I bet you get pretty damn close.

My guess: Read-option oregon stuff marries run and shoot passing. Shot in the dark with suspect knowledge, but it feels right considering Nebraska's past, Beck's past and what Beck has been saying about the offense so far.

• Fire 1
sounds to me like he doesn't know yet what it is going to be....a little bit scarey....just saying it doesn't sound set and it is time to get that done.

What, because he doesn't spell out the entire scheme in a thirty-second interview, he "doesn't know what it is going to be"?

You guys. When does the season start again? :facepalm:

• Fire 1

What I don't understand is why someone doesn't just look in this guy's effing past to see what his offenses are well versed in, what he likes to do?

IIRC, when he was a high school coach, he ran the flexbone option. Most flex coaches use run and shoot passing tendencies. Maybe we could watch some Kansas film, to see what kind of routes he likes.

It's not gonna be exact but I bet you get pretty damn close.

My guess: Read-option oregon stuff marries run and shoot passing. Shot in the dark with suspect knowledge, but it feels right considering Nebraska's past, Beck's past and what Beck has been saying about the offense so far.

If this is the case, all we need to do is look at Navy and Army as they both have run or are running flexbone. This also makes sense from what we've seen in practice videos thus far. If we do run the flexbone, that means our passing game is going to consist of a crapload of screens and playaction passes. Drop back passing in the flexbone is a rarity iirc.

I'm totally not saying that it would be an exclusive flex offense at all. I'm just saying that we'd know more of the passing concepts that he'd use (run and shoot) because when the run and shoot was being first developed, the flex was a similar formation to original formation used (Singleback - Double Slot).

But you're right about rare dropback passing, in the sense that the passing consisted of more half rollouts and full rollouts, just to utilize the quarterbacks legs, making the defense respect him as a running option.

But you're right about rare dropback passing, in the sense that the passing consisted of more half rollouts and full rollouts, just to utilize the quarterbacks legs, making the defense respect him as a running option.

Which is good, because Taylor has shown, both last season and in the Spring Game, that he can hit receivers in stride on the rollout (contrary to a commonly-held belief last year). If he buttons up the ugliness of his passing game and is even a tiny bit improved, we'll be OK there.

Which is good, because Taylor has shown, both last season and in the Spring Game, that he can hit receivers in stride on the rollout (contrary to a commonly-held belief last year). If he buttons up the ugliness of his passing game and is even a tiny bit improved, we'll be OK there.

This is all total hypothesis though.

Beck also worked at Kansas with fat arsed Mark Mangino who comes from Oklahoma, working under Mike Leach. The coaching tree has air raid tendencies as well. You might see this kind of stuff too. This is high percentage passing with again more screens.

I honestly don't know where he'd skew based on highlights of Kansas, but I'll keep watching.

i read somewhere that turner was practicing some at QB... anyone confirm this? if so is it more of a change-up? like rex-cat, it could be a wild turner? idont know. i would like to see someone with speed and athleticism on the field like maclin was utilized at mizzou.

Turner is splitting time at QB & WR. Guessing how Bo is going to use him is difficult, but I'd bet he sees the field a lot in a variety of roles. Punt returning seems the most immediately obvious, and perhaps Slot, perhaps Wildcat. Maclin could be a good comparator.