Am I missing something? (Washington Game)

Oh also... what do you guys think about the Pac-12 possibly getting Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State forming the Pac-16?

Keep an eye on those long horned douchebags, or they'll have you manning your ankles, preparing to be boarded...

Also, last year, was last year. We whooped you in your house, made the mohawk guy cry, and then absolutely sh*t the bed in the bowl rematch, due in part to our OC and the flat out fact I don't think a lot of those guys on the team cared about playing UW again.

I think there were some hard lessons learned about not giving up last year, and I think some unfinished business that needs attending to...

Oh also... what do you guys think about the Pac-12 possibly getting Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State forming the Pac-16?

If I were a PAC 12 fan, I don't think I'd like it. Oklahoma and Texas aren't PAC 12 schools, they don't match the culture of the PAC 12, and adding them means fewer showdowns between true PAC 12 teams, like Oregon-Stanford or Washington-USC or whatever.

As a Nebraska fan, I'm mostly indifferent. I'm happy with where Nebraska is, and I'm happy that the Big Ten appears as if it's not going to just automatically rush up to 16 teams even if other conferences do so. I could also get pretty amped about Nebraska playing Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. But really, I'm pretty indifferent.

Actually, Austin fits in fairly well with the left coast. Liberal UT culture is the reason the Aggies call them "tea sippers"

If I were a PAC 12 fan, I don't think I'd like it. Oklahoma and Texas aren't PAC 12 schools, they don't match the culture of the PAC 12, and adding them means fewer showdowns between true PAC 12 teams, like Oregon-Stanford or Washington-USC or whatever.

As a Nebraska fan, I'm mostly indifferent. I'm happy with where Nebraska is, and I'm happy that the Big Ten appears as if it's not going to just automatically rush up to 16 teams even if other conferences do so. I could also get pretty amped about Nebraska playing Oklahoma in the Rose Bowl. But really, I'm pretty indifferent.

Actually, Austin fits in fairly well with the left coast. Liberal UT culture is the reason the Aggies call them "tea sippers"

Yeah hahah it is very liberal here on the West Coast, especially in the major cities. I'm one of the very few conservatives living in Seattle.

People on the west coast don't wear cowboy boots or spit chewing tobacco or style their handle-bar mustache or speak with a heavy southern drawl (this is how I imagine DeLoss Dodds to be at conference meetings).

Trash talk is a part of football, if you don't like it then I suggest you watch women's tennis.

:laughpound

That's cute.

I considered watching women's tennis once, but was profoundly disappointed when I realized it's a lot like watching football in Seattle, Washington.

I started crying at the shear beauty of it before becoming completely repulsed, like when you're walking behind a blonde with a nice body only to see her turn around. Upon her reveal, you realize Sloth from the Goonies had something going for him and that this girl must eat bark for a living while mashing her face with cockroach feces.

Yes we were statistically dominated in everything besides turnovers and special teams. But a win is a win. And Keith Price and Chris Polk both looked great even though both were playing through significant injuries.

I'll give you the fact that Polk was playing through a big injury, but even Sark said Price's injury was no big deal.

I think what's most concerning is that the Huskies don't seem to have any respect for the opponents they face. I don't know if this is a cultural thing under Sarkisian or if the team just takes this on themselves, but there were strong words flying at the Huskers even during pre-game warmups last September - and it wasn't limited to just the players, it was the assistant coaches, too. That's most troubling.

And it's not just Nebraska that Washington seems to feel the need to vent their spleen at:

And after the game, the smack talk continued. Eastern Washington wide receiver Brandon Kaufman went straight for the jugular with this little dandy.

"It makes me feel empty," he said. "We’re a good football team and we should be respected. They didn’t respect us at all. They’re an arrogant group."

LINK

That's a sad thing to hear about the Huskies. I would hope for more respect for their opponents.

Trash talk is a part of football, if you don't like it then I suggest you watch women's tennis.

Trust me on this one, theres is a hell of a lot more talking and screaming in womens tennis than there is in football.

That's cute.

I considered watching women's tennis once, but was profoundly disappointed when I realized it's a lot like watching football in Seattle, Washington.

I started crying at the shear beauty of it before becoming completely repulsed, like when you're walking behind a blonde with a nice body only to see her turn around. Upon her reveal, you realize Sloth from the Goonies had something going for him and that this girl must eat bark for a living while mashing her face with cockroach feces.

LOL. Have you ever gone to a game at Husky Stadium... I seriously doubt it. Yeah it's so ugly... http://www.gohuskies.com/facilities/husky-stadium.html

That's cute.

LOL. Have you ever gone to a game at Husky Stadium... I seriously doubt it. Yeah it's so ugly... http://www.gohuskies.com/facilities/husky-stadium.html

As a proud resident of Nebraska, I have never possessed the time nor interest to travel to the northwestern area of our great country. I imagine it would feel a lot like going to my own funeral or running towards a punch, though, both of which seem exponentially more interesting.

• Fire 1

Yes we were statistically dominated in everything besides turnovers and special teams. But a win is a win. And Keith Price and Chris Polk both looked great even though both were playing through significant injuries.

I'll give you the fact that Polk was playing through a big injury, but even Sark said Price's injury was no big deal.

I think what's most concerning is that the Huskies don't seem to have any respect for the opponents they face. I don't know if this is a cultural thing under Sarkisian or if the team just takes this on themselves, but there were strong words flying at the Huskers even during pre-game warmups last September - and it wasn't limited to just the players, it was the assistant coaches, too. That's most troubling.

And it's not just Nebraska that Washington seems to feel the need to vent their spleen at:

And after the game, the smack talk continued. Eastern Washington wide receiver Brandon Kaufman went straight for the jugular with this little dandy.

"It makes me feel empty," he said. "We're a good football team and we should be respected. They didn't respect us at all. They're an arrogant group."

LINK

That's a sad thing to hear about the Huskies. I would hope for more respect for their opponents.

There's a slight difference between talking some trash, and acting like a complete a-hole. At least, that's what we were taught.

don't know if 16 team leagues work. Do you know what destroyed the WAC 16?

As far as Texas - put them on a little probation period of say 50 years. Any hint of "bending" the league rules would cause automatic expulsion. Assign the LA bureau of the FBI to strict survalance of Austin Texas. Spend 50% of league revenues on a crack team of lawyers to draw up an iron-clad contract and keep them on to watch them whorns

:thumbs :thumbs

People on the west coast don't wear cowboy boots or spit chewing tobacco or style their handle-bar mustache or speak with a heavy southern drawl (this is how I imagine DeLoss Dodds to be at conference meetings).

Yep, they have their own culture. "Gay Pride" parades, "tree hugger" contests & a hopelessly broke economy due to 500,000 social programs.

Huskers >>> Huskies, but as far as physical location, Washington >>> Nebraska. Cascade mountains and Pacific ocean >>>>> sandhills and corn fields... I don't care about politics.

Yeah I love the Seattle area. Mild weather, beautiful scenery, very close to the Cascades, great job market, and generally nice people.