Last Year's Missouri Game

I'm watching last year's Missouri game on BTN right now. Last year it was on the day we celebrated my daughter's 8th birthday by going to an indoor water park here in Omaha. I remember asking the board how I might find a way to watch the game. Almost to a man (or woman), you told me to enjoy my daughter's birthday and watch the game later. Even though there was a TV in the bar area, I took your advice. It was a great day and I watched the game later on DVR. Even though this board is dedicated to Husker football, most of you recognize that some things are more important. That's cool.

Edit: And that has a lot to do why this transplant finds this place very special.

• Fire 2

Er, that is all a bit off topic from the original post...which is about how awesome we all are.

But if I remember, Helu was having big runs all day long. Here's the story on that game...we hit 'em in the mouth early. In the first quarter Taylor was pretty sharp. I believe we had a 3rd and short or fourth and short that we converted with a deep pass to a tight end. In the 2nd quarter, uninjured Taylor about fell off the map. Had quite a few dead drives. Only then did he get hurt. He got another series to end the half, then Zac went in for the second half. Two run plays, and an incompletion on 3rd-and-8 or so. Punt. Next drive, I think in the first or second play, Helu takes it to the house. The Huskers have an insurmountable lead at this point, and shut it down on offense to hold on for the win. Completely no-risk, uncreative playcalling after that point. Just grind it out, punt, rinse, repeat, and watch the clock tick away. It's Bo's style, and we were going up against the #6 team in the nation. I suspect we'll see plenty more of that in Bo's tenure. But you know what, it can be a pretty sound strategy.

Er, that is all a bit off topic from the original post...which is about how awesome we all are.

But if I remember, Helu was having big runs all day long. Here's the story on that game...we hit 'em in the mouth early. In the first quarter Taylor was pretty sharp. I believe we had a 3rd and short or fourth and short that we converted with a deep pass to a tight end. In the 2nd quarter, uninjured Taylor about fell off the map. Had quite a few dead drives. Only then did he get hurt. He got another series to end the half, then Zac went in for the second half. Two run plays, and an incompletion on 3rd-and-8 or so. Punt. Next drive, I think in the first or second play, Helu takes it to the house. The Huskers have an insurmountable lead at this point, and shut it down on offense to hold on for the win. Completely no-risk, uncreative playcalling after that point. Just grind it out, punt, rinse, repeat, and watch the clock tick away. It's Bo's style, and we were going up against the #6 team in the nation. I suspect we'll see plenty more of that in Bo's tenure. But you know what, it can be a pretty sound strategy.

Worked well for us during the BIG12 Champ. game... ;)

I was on my honeymoon during this game, and the Okie St game(which i still haven't seen btw, so send me links if there is a replay of it, i'd love to see it). I got back to the boat after leaving Acapulco and caught the last quarter in Spanish(which sucks btw). I do believe my wife wanted to see if I could go 2 weeks without NU football on TV. Unfortunately for her, I don't think she thought they had US ESPN that far down in Mexico on the cruise ship.

Taylor got dinged on the first series in the 2nd quarter. He slowly trudged over to the sideline, and had to stop as soon as he got there. The knockout hit was at the end of the half.

I was on my honeymoon during this game, and the Okie St game(which i still haven't seen btw, so send me links if there is a replay of it, i'd love to see it). I got back to the boat after leaving Acapulco and caught the last quarter in Spanish(which sucks btw). I do believe my wife wanted to see if I could go 2 weeks without NU football on TV. Unfortunately for her, I don't think she thought they had US ESPN that far down in Mexico on the cruise ship.

www.espn360.com --> "All Sports" Tab --> Football --> "All Leagues" Tab --> NCAAF --> REPLAY Button

Scroll about half way down. :cheers