Couple of snippets from Twitter

knapplc

I don't know if there's a good place to put these, but I just ran across a couple of funny/interesting tweets. First is from Niles Paul, about Roy Helu (Washington Redskins teammates, if you recall):

Niles_Paul Niles Paul

Roy Helu may very well be the cheapest guy I know... We are at McDonalds & he is being so difficult

Graham Stoddard via Brian Christopherson:

“I’ve been saying to some of my buddies I really feel sorry for any defense that has to defend against our offense," said LB Graham Stoddard

Camp speak, which is just this side of Coach Speak? Or is this a sign of improvement? Here's hoping....

I'll reiterate something. Until we face a salty team like Wisconsin, I'm going to hold off judging the offense. A spring and a fall camp and a few throwaway noncon games aren't going to tell us much more than who has the beefier linemen. We start putting up numbers against solid Ds, then gear up the hype machine.

I'll reiterate something. Until we face a salty team like Wisconsin, I'm going to hold off judging the offense. A spring and a fall camp and a few throwaway noncon games aren't going to tell us much more than who has the beefier linemen. We start putting up numbers against solid Ds, then gear up the hype machine.

Exactly, here's something from last year

After the MU game our offense was 6th in the country in Rushing Offense with 295 YPG, 17th in total offense with 458.50 YPG, 12th in scoring average with 38 PPG.

At that point we had the 13th and 20th best rushers in YPG, we had Martinez 12th in the country in passing effeciency.

At that point our offense was ahead of the defense

Total Yardage

Offense 17th

Defense 19th

Scoring

Offense 12th

Defense 19th

Our freshmen quarterback was being talked about as a fringe Heisman candidate and Roy Helu set a single game rushing record at a school that has a bit of history of outstanding rushers.

At that point we were 7-1, ranked 9th in the country after beating 2 straight top 20 teams and were looking like a BCS level team.

We then finished the year 3-3 and ended up ushering several coaches out the door.

Moral of the story? If you're in the middle of a book, wait until the end before you judge it. The beginning may be great, but the ending may suck.

And before people try to talk down on the stats above based on competition, remember those are rankings, it wasn't like Oregon and everyone else was playing top level talent at that point in time.

I don't know if there's a good place to put these, but I just ran across a couple of funny/interesting tweets. First is from Niles Paul, about Roy Helu (Washington Redskins teammates, if you recall):

Niles_Paul Niles Paul

Roy Helu may very well be the cheapest guy I know... We are at McDonalds & he is being so difficult

Graham Stoddard via Brian Christopherson:

“I’ve been saying to some of my buddies I really feel sorry for any defense that has to defend against our offense," said LB Graham Stoddard

Camp speak, which is just this side of Coach Speak? Or is this a sign of improvement? Here's hoping....

If I had to guess, I'd say Niles should be happy that Roy is buying him anything considering Niles will be the first to be without a football income. But regardless, that preseason game vs. Baltimore was pretty fun to watch.

Well thats the trick isn't it? What offenses put up solid numbers against solid defenses? Does the solid defense then become pourous once an offense puts up numbers against it? It seems like that goal can never be reached...