Husker Bar in KC

I am I

I need some help from the KC area cornhuskers.

my idiot friend from kstate is getting married at the Presidential Hotel in downtown KC on sunday. saturday we have off except the dinner.

anyone know a place down there I can watch the game in a Husker bar?

thanks

I need some help from the KC area cornhuskers.

my idiot friend from kstate is getting married at the Presidential Hotel in downtown KC on sunday. saturday we have off except the dinner.

anyone know a place down there I can watch the game in a Husker bar?

thanks

Minski's at I-29 and Barry Road or the Minski's in Liberty are both about 15 minutes from downtown. (Both of them are north of the River on the Missouri side) On Saturday the traffic won't be too bad.

I'm sure someone from the Kansas side will post the spots down there. Sorry I'm not sure where those all are.

I found another site with some different watch sites listed.

My link

if this link is correct, minskys city market is 8 blocks North of the presidential.

http://www.minskys.com/locations-menus/city-market.aspx

i tried to copy the mapquest but couldnt do it...the hotel will know. and minskys pizza rox! get the honey crust

call them to confirm, good place

actually here was the link i was referencing:

http://www.huskerboard.com/mods/husker-watch-sites.htm

I've found the best thing to do is look up the closest bars on the net and then call them and ask about the Husker game. Usually one of them will have it or put it on for you. You'll probably need to tell them which channel it's on, so make sure you know before calling.

This is what I did when I lived in San Francisco. If you find a sports bar with 100 TVs they'll definitely turn one to your game for you. I used to end up with a small crowd of Husker fans around the table most of the time. Good times. :cheers

if this link is correct, minskys city market is 8 blocks North of the presidential.

http://www.minskys.c...ity-market.aspx

This is your best and closet place to go. The pizza is amazing.

Agreed. It's a mild bunch however, and I'm not sure how many people will be there since the game will be on TV now. I used to watch half the games each season there (even though it was a 30 minute drive and I passed 3 other Husker bars on the way). The televised games didn't draw as big of a crowd. The pay-per-view games used to have Husker fans waiting at thd door for them to open though. Not sure what it will be like this season. If you like pitchers & pizza it's good.

The best place in KC to watch a game is Callahan's on 83rd in Lenexa. It's small, kind of hole-in-the-wall. Has great pizza. Little better crowd. Shoulder-shoulder Husker fans. If you're under 25, then Gran Falloon on the Plaza is where you should be. That would be 30 blocks south of you. Just west of 47th and Main. Really nice, packed with the < 25's. Tons of nice T&A running around. When I lived on the plaza I actually watched Husker games there with the guy that owns Minsky's.

If you're really tight on time, don't want to cab it around the city - a block east of your hotel is the Power & LIght District. McFadden's as well as Johnny's will both have the game on I'd assume. Doubt you'll get sound at either place, but you'd get to watch it.