Big 12 Midseason Review

I saw that too. There's a few writers for ESPN that I enjoy reading, but it seems they only really pay attention to a handful of teams that are making a splash on the national scene and those with "hot" coaches. I think the rest of their opinions are as simple as reading the final scores and operating on what they had in mind at the beginning of the season.

I really can't think of any other way they would project KU, KSU and ISU to go to bowl games before NU at this point. Just looking at stat lines would clue anybody in on what's going on in those programs.

What a ridiculous article! We'll see how good Colorado after this weekend when Texas obliterates them. The Big 12 South is actually tied between Texas and Texas Tech for first place and if the Huskers beat Baylor and Texas beats Colorado, Nebraska and CU will be tied for first place. I think those ESPN columnists are speaking too soon and getting way ahead of themselves. We are already 4-1, is it that much harder for the Huskers to get two more wins and go to a bowl game? Absolute repugnance!

From the Article:

Texas Tech appears to be the biggest challenger to Texas, and the Oct. 22 showdown with the Longhorns should be the biggest game of the season.

Let me see.......Nebraska, for the most part, beat Texas Tech. Texas Tech is the biggest challenge for Texas. Texas Tech will go to a bowl, but Nebraska won't? Nebraska doesn't play Texas, they beat Iowa State, plus are improving with every game. Texas Tech and Iowa State will go to a bowl game. Even Kansas and Kansas State will go to a bowl. BUT NOT NEBRASKA? Either this guy made a mistake, or he is on crack. I (even if I wasn't a Husker fan) do not see how his logic makes any sense. Once again, the f'ers from espn are talking out their a$$.

Also from the article:

And with all due respect to Joe Paterno and Charlie Weis, Morriss deserves "Coach of the Century" honors if he can pull off that feat.

Maybe Big 12 Coach of the year, but coach of the Century? Also, Charlie Weis? I know that he may be a good coach, but "Coach of the Century"? :wtf Just another example of how big of an idiot this writer is. Did he start watching football this year?

Sometimes, reading on espn.com, you wonder if any of them know their asses from their elbows, so this is no surprise. I don't see any way this Husker team wins only 1 more game. The team has showed about 10X the character and heart of last year's team that went turtleback after getting blasted by Tech.

I see the Huskers winning out the rest of the season, losing the Big 12 Championship to Texas, and getting to a decent bowl game.

I believe we win out the remaining games. Baylor aint no cakewalk, but it will be a tough team to adjust to speed wise from the Baylor defense the first couple of drives. Missouri is overrated. Oklahoma..well don't even get me started, they just flat out suck. Kansas? They don't even have an offense. It will be a ugly low scoring game, but even us scoring ONLY 1 field goal all game long would win the game. Kansas St fans are already looking ahead to next season. That leaves Colorado. Like i said, we have gilmore and will be ready for them this year. Nebraska goes into the Big12 title game 10-1 or 9-2. People thought i was crazy when i said it was possible for NU to start 6-0. Well we won't be 6-0, but we will be 5-1 and if odds worked against my 6-0 prediction by 1 loss, i will predict anotherl oss for the remainder of the games (although i just don't see any team other then Colorado giving us that loss)

10-1 or 9-2 and Big12 title game bound baby. Mark my words

f##king hillbillies at ESPN! no way in hell KU or KSU or even lowly ISU gets a bowl bid and we don't.......the only way that would happen is if we completely fell apart and that is not going to happen.......we could lose 2 more games, but even at that, think of how intriguing, especially if we continue to improve, this team will be with Cally and co. coaching and all the new talent starting to come into their own and contribute to this (WCO) team, the huge turn around story in one year will give us a leg up and offer a love affair with any bowl committee looking for an interesting team to head up their venue......and the fan following at NU is 2nd to none....we just have to perform well the rest of the season and we are N!

hunter