Barney Cotton to help Beck coach from the booth, not the sidelines

knapplc

if Cotton is going to get involved in play calling, Beck is screwed!

No this means we will have the same pathetic offense that we had under Frank and he ran at ISU. This is terrible news if he is actually going to have anything to do with the play calling.

Bologna. Pelini would have made him the OC if he thought he was good at it. He's another pair of eyes to watch something Beck wants him to watch. Maybe he'll have an idea for a play call now and then. That doesn't mean it's going to be the same as when he was the OC.

I hope Bo has the ball to do what Bill didn't.

:blink:

I think this is writing on the wall. Barney is to bring along Garrison or Stai or both, and then sail off into the sunset.

I don't. I see it as a new play caller having someone with experience with him in the booth.

No this means we will have the same pathetic offense that we had under Frank and he ran at ISU. This is terrible news if he is actually going to have anything to do with the play calling. He needs to just go away, he sucks and this will be Bo's toughest challenge. Can he fire a friend for the betterment of the team? It was a huge part in Callahan's failure with Cozgrove, I hope Bo has the ball to do what Bill didn't.

So you are happy with the Frank/Barney 4 play offense. How long do you think it will take the opposition to realize that they only have to stop a FB Trap, QB Trap, Short Side Option play, and a short passing play? Barney with more responsibility is a bad thing. He can't even field a competent OL, how is he supposed to help Beck?

I think this is writing on the wall. Barney is to bring along Garrison or Stai or both, and then sail off into the sunset.

I don't. I see it as a new play caller having someone with experience with him in the booth.

No this means we will have the same pathetic offense that we had under Frank and he ran at ISU. This is terrible news if he is actually going to have anything to do with the play calling. He needs to just go away, he sucks and this will be Bo's toughest challenge. Can he fire a friend for the betterment of the team? It was a huge part in Callahan's failure with Cozgrove, I hope Bo has the ball to do what Bill didn't.

Newsflash....Bo already fired TWO offensive coaches. That's two more than Clownahan canned and also proves he not intimidated to make the move if needed.

Bo decided to keep Barney. Have you ever, ever considered that just "maybe" Bo knows a little something about cfb?

Newsflash....Bo already fired TWO offensive coaches. That's two more than Clownahan canned and also proves he not intimidated to make the move if needed.

Bo decided to keep Barney. Have you ever, ever considered that just "maybe" Bo knows a little something about cfb?

Watson wasn't one of his guys, so it's not the same. All you have to do is look at how pathetic Barney is as an OL coach and even worse as the OC to see that it doesn't add up as to why he was retained. I hope you are right and Bo does can him as he deserves. Barney's OL has cost NU two Big 12 title games and I'm sure it will cost NU more games this year too. But "knowing something a little about cfb" and making excuses to keep a friend on your staff are two different subjects.

The other firing had more to do with transgressions off the field and he had no choice but to fire him.

No this means we will have the same pathetic offense that we had under Frank and he ran at ISU.

So an entire fanbase can't figure out this offense, and yet you get all of that out of the statement that Barney will be in the press box.

This is why I post almost nothing on this board, nor any other board these days. Far too many fans are out of their damn minds. The tiniest little things get fans riled up these days. One wonders if humans have evolved their sense of judgement far enough to handle the instantaneous transmission of information.

I'll give it another try next year.

So you are happy with the Frank/Barney 4 play offense.

I believe you were attempting to reply to me but instead replied to yourself. But anyway, I don't think you bother reading others' posts and you seem to enjoy putting words into people's mouths, because that's what you just did. I don't want Barney to be the offensive coordinator, and he's not the offensive coordinator. You are acting as if he will be a co-coordinator, and he's not even that. For crap's sake, he's not even the sole OL coach anymore. Like others have said, Pelini is not stupid. The stuff you are spouting would be appropriate IFF he had a co-coordinator title. As it is, it's not accurate. You sound like a doomsday preacher.

No this means we will have the same pathetic offense that we had under Frank and he ran at ISU.

So an entire fanbase can't figure out this offense, and yet you get all of that out of the statement that Barney will be in the press box.

This is why I post almost nothing on this board, nor any other board these days. Far too many fans are out of their damn minds. The tiniest little things get fans riled up these days. One wonders if humans have evolved their sense of judgement far enough to handle the instantaneous transmission of information.

I'll give it another try next year.

You tell me what he brings to the table by being in the press box? He's not coaching the OL (which is a good thing) but if he has input with the play calling, then that is a bad thing since he was the OC for the worst offense we had the past decade. Look at it this way, Barney is the Cozgrove of OC's.

Way to take things out of context. But if this is all you bring to the board, then don't worry, nobody will miss you.

So you are happy with the Frank/Barney 4 play offense.

I believe you were attempting to reply to me but instead replied to yourself. But anyway, I don't think you bother reading others' posts and you seem to enjoy putting words into people's mouths, because that's what you just did. I don't want Barney to be the offensive coordinator, and he's not the offensive coordinator. You are acting as if he will be a co-coordinator, and he's not even that. For crap's sake, he's not even the sole OL coach anymore. Like others have said, Pelini is not stupid. The stuff you are spouting would be appropriate IFF he had a co-coordinator title. As it is, it's not accurate. You sound like a doomsday preacher.

He's the associate Head Coach, whatever that means. I'm not doom and gloom at all, it's just a fact that Barney it a terrible coach and is a waste of money and a coaching position on the staff. If we need to hire more coaches to cover up for his limitations, then why not just get rid of him? It makes no freaking sense.