Zone Read Against Wisconsin

They haven't even played 30 mins of football yet. Hold the phone people. We haven't even played either. Wisky will be plenty tough.

Correct, BUT it only takes about 5 seconds to see speed. And when you have 20 different 5-second increment in which you see Wisconsin getting BURNED by UNLV, you can go ahead and start talking about it. No one has said NU will blow them out. Just observing that Wiscy is not showing any speed on the edge right now.

People who form one game opinions about a team drive me nuts. Seriously. It was like last fall when Taylor was running all swiss cheese through the little sisters of the poor defenses that he gashed. Let's see how much some of these opinions change in a month. My bet is a lot.

I don't know about anyone else, but in no way am I saying after watching one half we can assume Wisconsin will be a .500 team. They're up 37-3 at half and their offense looks unstoppable. However, it is undeniable that they are lacking speed on the edge of the defense. If you wanted one thing in an opposing defense, a lack of speed would be pretty high on the wish list for NU. I find that exciting.