NU/Chat Post game

Foppa

This offensive line is completely...offensive. They can't run-block, they can't pass-block. I understand that you play 'vanilla' vs. an outmanned opponent...but seriously. Tenn-Chatt? This never looked good. Butcher this, say I hate Nebraska, call it what you want, but if this is the finished product that Cotton and Co. plans to present to the Big 10? 7-5 record if NU is lucky.

Agree they are young. They should get better. They need to get better.

While it was not pretty they still put 40 points on the board and some decent numbers. Granted it was all big plays....

Thought Kug and Kelly did a nice job calling the game. I like Kelly's insight. I think he nailed it when he talked about blocking on the 2nd level. Really like the BTN. Lots of coverage to all teams. Studio gives good coverage to all teams, not just top dogs and high pop states.

Fairly clean game from the offensive penalty wise. Cleanup the fumbles on the pitches and a few better passes will help too.

While it was not pretty they still put 40 points on the board and some decent numbers. Granted it was all big plays....

Yep.

They're VERY young and inexperienced. There's legit hope they can get better. We'll see.

Thought Kug and Kelly did a nice job calling the game. I like Kelly's insight. I think he nailed it when he talked about blocking on the 2nd level. Really like the BTN. Lots of coverage to all teams. Studio gives good coverage to all teams, not just top dogs and high pop states.

Fairly clean game from the offensive penalty wise. Cleanup the fumbles on the pitches and a few better passes will help too.

I remember hearing a poll on KFAB or 1620 the Zone and the question was: 'If Nebraska doesn't play as you expect, how will you react?' I have to admit I didn't have a good feeling about this game. We have a tendency to 'hype' our first game. There was so much talk of 'Oh, we're going to beat the crap outta this team, yeah-we're gonna hand them their a--. but I remember South Dakota State last year and IMHO we should never underestimate ANY team that comes to our house to play.

I thought we did ok. While we have a lot of things to work on, there were 40 points on the board. We only let the other team score 7 on us, our kicker was solid and there were great flashes of what is to come with some of these new players. My favorite was that Stafford kid! Man! He hit like NU players back in the day.

We will get better. For those who hated the game, what were your expectations? Truly, I would like to hear what people expected would happen? I know my husband said that he thought we would hand Chat. their backsides. I disagreed. Those boys were so psyched to play and sometimes that backfires on you (remember Texas last year?) The nerves will calm down, the O-line will learn to play together and up their tempo. I think it will be exciting to see them at the end of the season.

GO BIG RED! :)

This offensive line is completely...offensive. They can't run-block, they can't pass-block. I understand that you play 'vanilla' vs. an outmanned opponent...but seriously. Tenn-Chatt? This never looked good. Butcher this, say I hate Nebraska, call it what you want, but if this is the finished product that Cotton and Co. plans to present to the Big 10? 7-5 record if NU is lucky.

I see my Huskers at 7-5 after this game ... to me that's pretty realistic. I am hopeful for 8-4. I see the same line issues ... lack of development ... even at this "stage" of the season. I see the ball on the ground the same as the past, atleast in the first quarter. The LB issues and depth certainly are an issue for me ... and I don't see us holding up in the B1G ... a good OL team with a running game could run over us ... see Wisky.

It's not all doom and gloom for me ... but this game didn't turn the tide in my mind that many "traits" of a contending team ... simply didn't show in this game ... except for kicker. This was a very disappointing 40-7 victory for me. I felt a truly inferior team made us look exploitable ... and we made ourselve look silly at time. Lots of potential yes ... my spirit says "yes, Yes, YES".

It's a start of a season ... with all the hype we gave ourselves ... the game was a letdown for me. By the way, I only listened to the game ... if that gives anyone ammo to shoot down my thoughts. I'd love to see this season different then my perceptions ... I do know this ... my emotions are pretty high on these thoughts ... maybe I'm not seeing things clearly.

With all the injuries that we have on the o-line we obviously weren't going to look good in that area. The young guys needed to get the experience so we are deeper in that area so that worked out well in the end. Overall the offense was fairly disappointing, but I had a feeling it would be. I was never high on the Tim Beck higher, but we'll have to see how it pans out.

a lot of the same issues from last season.......poor offensive line play, receivers were absent most of the time.

Beck was scared to death to run up the middle,with Cotton upstairs maybe he talked him out of it, no trap plays until 4th quarter when freshman I backs got in......although we did it against these guys, we can't live on toss plays to the outside, an athletic bunch of linebackers will shut this play down, i saw way too much of the option, toss.

TM threw the ball well, though he has to learn to quit staring at his primary receivers or he'll throw a lot of picks.

i wish we would have played a little more smash mouth with Legate. Reed and Kinnie were absent most of the game, we need production from our receivers, Enuwa did OK and Andrew Green looked lost...plenty to shore up.

Final thoughts, O-line play was about what i expected, BUT......if they don't improve over the balance of the season Cotton should be gone, period......i can't stand another entire season with this type of O line play.

By the time the smoke clears on this season, we'll be glad for 8-4, I think. This is, once again, not a championship-caliber team.

I remember lots of folks saying that SDSU last year was just a fluke, just the first game, etc etc. And all those issues that we had in that first game never really got fixed. I see this season developing much the same way, and I ain't going to go drinking the Kool-Aid again for smoke and mirrors.

Going to be fun when Tmart's a senior and those triplets are juniors, though. Lots of potential there. Of course, they'll need an O-line to help them out and there's no guarantee of that happening. Probably not even a good chance.

3 penalties for 33 yards. Remember last year? The year we won 10 games? After watching the other B1G games I am more confident now. Northwestern looked like a give me game, Wisconsin and Ohio State dont look so scary (Wisc gave up big runs and OS looked average), Iowa, Penn St and Michigan seemed worse off than us and Michigan State looks like a 7-5 team. However Minn looks more dangerous than I had previously thought.