Maybe I'm alone on this...

funhusker

I've been reading through several threads and have seen many people talk about how much better the announcing was. I am in NO way saying the PPV broadcasts were better, but I also don't think the quality of PPV announcing was worse.

Kevin Kugler: as usual, he is good at what he does. I am a fan of his broadcasts and radio show. He is fair and articulate.

Kelly Stoufer: was I the only person annoyed by him? He had TWO talking points. 1. Taylor Martinez is awesome but he needs playmakers around him. 2. Taylor Martinez struggles at the QB position and needs to mature to allow the playmakers around him to succeed.

He focused on these two ideas (which kind of contradict eachother) to the point he sounded aggrivated which in turn aggrivated me.

Ahman Green: I believe it was his first reporting gig, and man did it show.

Oh, and we still had to endure the Ticket Express commercial. Although that is a good commercial if you have the TV muted:)

Kugler is a great broadcaster locally and nationally. Definitely my favorite.

I didn't hear the broadcast but I heard Green didn't seem as comfortable on camera. Then again, I doubt most people on this board would be any better. It all looks easy from the viewer's perspective, but being a broadcaster or on-camera reporter is tough business.

Kugler is an A+ talent. The guys supporting him were average, but I certainly enjoyed the broadcast.

I don't know if it was only in my area, but all day the BTN had troubles cutting suddenly into games. No introduction graphics, no 'welcome backs', just WHAM we're running a play. Sometimes it would come in after a play had already been ran. Whoever's responsible needs to sort that out. I've never seen it happen except randomly on other networks.

Kugler is an A+ talent. The guys supporting him were average, but I certainly enjoyed the broadcast.

I don't know if it was only in my area, but all day the BTN had troubles cutting suddenly into games. No introduction graphics, no 'welcome backs', just WHAM we're running a play. Sometimes it would come in after a play had already been ran. Whoever's responsible needs to sort that out. I've never seen it happen except randomly on other networks.

Same in my area. And it seemed like half-time was shorter. When I finally switched back to the game after an amount of time I figured was sufficient, they were already about 1:30 into the 3rd qtr.

I didn't hear the broadcast but I heard Green didn't seem as comfortable on camera. Then again, I doubt most people on this board would be any better. It all looks easy from the viewer's perspective, but being a broadcaster or on-camera reporter is tough business.

I agree 100%. But most people on this board aren't getting paid to be sideline reporters for the BTN.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect Bob Costas to be walking the sideline. But Ahman looked and sounded like a freshman broadcasting journalism major, not a paid professional. He got the gig because he is AG, not because he is good at what he does. Hopefully if he continues to do games the producers will tell him to ditch the baggy wrist wear (watch and bracelets) and his "Old Navy Polo". He looked like a student doing a spot for the campus news. (granted, a student that would kick my a**!)

My biggest gripe is with Stoufer. He wasn't near as bad as Cunninghame of ESPN, but he was insanely whiny about Martinez and the offense.

Sorry, I was expecting higher qualitly after all the great things I've heard about the BTN.

Good God! I read my own post and I sound whiny!! The BTN allowed me to watch the game for FREE! I will stop bitch**g now.

Back to Freson State

i agree. it was Green's first time, it willtake time to get comfortable.

re-watch the 2005 alamo bowl. it must have been erin andrews early years, because she was terrible. she has developed pretty well (even though she still annoys me, she does a good job).

it must just take time to become comfortable, and that only happen with what A.I.?

other than the camera missing the ball (which i saw a lot on sat.) and the commercial breaks running long, i thought the production value was really good.

the non-kugler guy was annoying, but no worse than average.

I got tired of hearing over and over about how T-Mart needs to improve his passing skills and stay in the pocket longer. We know that. But, the play they kept showing to emphasize this was the one where there was a guy on his heals, and he took off for 12 yards. Had he stayed in the pocket 1/2 second longer he would have been sacked. The BTN was disapointing in it's NU debut as far as I'm concerned.

In KC, we were suposed to be on the BTN. Started the game there, then about 8 plays in they cut over to the Iowa game to show that it was raining, and threw us on one of the overflow channels. I had to change all my recordings over to the overflow channel. I'm sure Iowa will take precendence over Nebraska in KC since they've been in the league longer...but I'll definately remember to record multiple channels just to make sure I get the game if I'm ever going to be late to the start. I bet a lot of KC people didn't get it recorded correctly and missed it courtesy of the Hawkeyes.

Kugler was absolutely incredible, as always. We need to keep him around this program as long as we can.

Stouffer was a bumbling idiot for basically the whole game. Really got on my nerves, even as I was watching the replay on DVR since I was at the stadium for the game Saturday.