Roadmap for Fresno

adc7236

If I am the DC for Fresno, I would load the box with extra bodies and make Martinez beat us with his arm. That was the key to success last year in for many teams, and judging from yesterday's game will still work. Additionally, even if Martinez puts the ball on the money, with the drop balls from our receivers, it's worth the big play risk to still load the box and go to man coverage.

If I am the DC for Fresno, I would load the box with extra bodies and make Martinez beat us with his arm. That was the key to success last year in for many teams, and judging from yesterday's game will still work. Additionally, even if Martinez puts the ball on the money, with the drop balls from our receivers, it's worth the big play risk to still load the box and go to man coverage.

I think you are on to something. Big risk, big reward type strategy

Put in Jamal and throw it to him

Huskerboard is getting ridiculous. Chattanooga had 8-9 guys in the box and we still rushed for over 200. But no no no, it's going to be so easy for anyone to stop it. I'm also sick of everyone trashing Martinez. He looked good. Yea, he had a problem looking where he was throwing (I think it's hilarious no one points out that people in the nfl have that problem). And I agree, that's gonna hurt us. But his arm looked good, and his accuracy was a huge suprise. He looked confident. HE AUDIBLED. That second touchdown run was a dive/power run before he said, "well that's no good." He looks healthy and looks like he knows how to take a hit. I thought he looked fantastic. No one is talking about Enuwa who looked great. He wasn't going down easy at all.

It's like you want the 95 team, and nothing else will do. They played hard out there, and everyone is pooping on them.

• Fire 1

Huskerboard is getting ridiculous. Chattanooga had 8-9 guys in the box and we still rushed for over 200. But no no no, it's going to be so easy for anyone to stop it. I'm also sick of everyone trashing Martinez. He looked good. Yea, he had a problem looking where he was throwing (I think it's hilarious no one points out that people in the nfl have that problem). And I agree, that's gonna hurt us. But his arm looked good, and his accuracy was a huge suprise. He looked confident. HE AUDIBLED. That second touchdown run was a dive/power run before he said, "well that's no good." He looks healthy and looks like he knows how to take a hit. I thought he looked fantastic. No one is talking about Enuwa who looked great. He wasn't going down easy at all.

It's like you want the 95 team, and nothing else will do. They played hard out there, and everyone is pooping on them.

I haven't seen anyone "sh***ing" on them, I've mostly seen people voicing concern. And 150 of those 200 yards came from 3 runs. People remember last year's offensive woes being masked by big plays early in the season. It makes sense people are concerned. But come on, no one is "sh***ing" on the team.

I'd be surprised if Fresno does not load the box. It's certainly their best chance for success. I'm looking forward to what adjustments we'll make to counter that. I'm guessing we'll see Kyler Reed going down the seam and Jamal Turner get some screens/flats passes. I think we'll still see the option but not as much as against UTC.

Driving directions to University of Nebraska - Lincoln (City Campus)

(402) 472-7211

- more info »

California State University Fresno

5241 N Maple Ave

Fresno, CA 93710

1. Head south on N Maple Ave toward Matoian Way

0.1 mi

2. Take the 2nd left onto E Shaw Ave

0.6 mi

3. Turn right to merge onto CA-168 W

3.6 mi

4. Take exit 1A to merge onto CA-180 W/State Route 180 W toward Kerman Mendota

1.3 mi

5. Take exit 59A to merge onto CA-41 S toward Lemoore/Paso Robles

2.8 mi

6. Take exit 126A to merge onto CA-99 S toward Bakersfield/Los Angeles

107 mi

7. Slight right onto CA-58 E/Blue Star Memorial Hwy/Calf Canyon Hwy E (signs for Mojave/Tehachapl)

126 mi

8. Take the exit on the left onto I-15 N toward Las Vegas/I-40

4.5 mi

9. Slight left to stay on I-15 N

Passing through Nevada, Arizona

Entering Utah

397 mi

10. Take exit 132 to merge onto I-70 E toward Richfield/Denver

Entering Colorado [Hold your nose]

501 mi

11. Continue onto I-76 E (signs for Ft Morgan)

Entering Nebraska

187 mi

12. Merge onto I-80 E

291 mi

13. Take exit 395 toward NE-55

0.3 mi

14. Merge onto NW 48th St

0.1 mi

15. Turn left onto W O St

4.2 mi

16. Turn left onto N 10th St

0.2 mi

17. Slight right to stay on N 10th St (signs for Unl-Stadium)

0.3 mi

18. Continue onto Holdrege St

0.2 mi

19. Continue onto Salt Creek Roadway

0.4 mi

20. Turn right onto N 14th St

0.2 mi

21. Turn left onto W St

Destination will be on the right

0.1 mi

University of Nebraska - Lincoln (City Campus)

Lincoln, NE 68588Link

• Fire 1

Link

1. Head west on W St toward N 14th St

0.1 mi

2. Turn right onto N 14th St

0.2 mi

3. Turn left onto Salt Creek Roadway

0.4 mi

4. Continue onto N 9th St

0.6 mi

5. Turn right onto E O St

2.8 mi

6. Turn right to merge onto I-80 W

293 mi

7. Continue onto I-76 W

Entering Colorado

187 mi

8. Merge onto I-70 W

Entering Utah

501 mi

9. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for I-15 S/Las Vegas and merge onto I-15 S

Passing through Arizona, Nevada

Entering California

401 mi

10. Take exit 179 to merge onto CA-58 W toward Bakersfield

1.2 mi

11. Take the W Main St exit

0.2 mi

12. Turn left onto W Main St

1.8 mi

13. Turn right onto Lenwood Rd

3.1 mi

14. Turn left onto CA-58 W/Barstow-Bakersfield Hwy/Blue Star Memorial Hwy/Calf Canyon Hwy W

Continue to follow CA-58 W/Blue Star Memorial Hwy/Calf Canyon Hwy W

123 mi

15. Continue onto CA-99 N

106 mi

16. Take exit 131 to merge onto CA-41 N toward Yosemite

6.6 mi

17. Take exit 132 for Shaw Ave toward Clovis

0.3 mi

18. Turn right onto E Shaw Ave (signs for California State University Fresno)

0.6 mi

19. Turn left onto N 1st St

0.5 mi

20. Take the 3rd right onto E Barstow Ave

1.5 mi

21. Turn right onto N Maple Ave

0.1 mi

22. Turn right onto E San Ramon Ave

482 ft

23. Turn left

371 ft

California State University Fresno

5241 North Maple Avenue

Fresno, CA 93740

GolfClap.gif

Chattanooga had 8-9 guys in the box and we still rushed for over 200.

No, Chattanooga loaded the box and we still broke three long runs against them. The other 40 attempts averaged around 2 yards a carry. So that is as sound a strategy as you can come up with.

Especially these weaker OOC teams, that's the only hope they have.

I think any DC has to look at this and say, 'throw the house at Martinez and see how he responds.' Stuff the line and play disciplined against the option. Make Taylor beat you with his arm, and make sure he feels like he has no time to make the throws.

Chattanooga had 8-9 guys in the box and we still rushed for over 200.

No, Chattanooga loaded the box and we still broke three long runs against them. The other 40 attempts averaged around 2 yards a carry. So that is as sound a strategy as you can come up with.

Especially these weaker OOC teams, that's the only hope they have.

I think any DC has to look at this and say, 'throw the house at Martinez and see how he responds.' Stuff the line and play disciplined against the option. Make Taylor beat you with his arm, and make sure he feels like he has no time to make the throws.

If they load the box up against us, make Taylor throw the ball, and we win, 13-10 for example. This board is gonna go bat sh*t crazy.