my big ten network review

i must say just having got the big ten network a couple of weeks ago it was not a good fist experience .on the game finder on bigten.comit said with my zip code and cable company[charter] it said i was to get the penn state and nebraska games.so of course when i put the game onit was iowa on the tv.then when it was time for the nebraska game they put it on for a couple of minutes then they put the iowa gameback on .okay fine i can live with that since that was on first .so when that game was done they put the nebraska game on for about 5 minutes and then they switch to the other game and never switched it back .so instead of seeing penn state and nebraska like i was supposed to i got iowa and the illinois game .good thing i had the btn2go on my computer i was able to watch the game evan though it would have been better on the tv. just wanted to let you know how my first big ten network experience went.

i must say just having got the big ten network a couple of weeks ago it was not a good fist experience .on the game finder on bigten.comit said with my zip code and cable company[charter] it said i was to get the penn state and nebraska games.so of course when i put the game onit was iowa on the tv.then when it was time for the nebraska game they put it on for a couple of minutes then they put the iowa gameback on .okay fine i can live with that since that was on first .so when that game was done they put the nebraska game on for about 5 minutes and then they switch to the other game and never switched it back .so instead of seeing penn state and nebraska like i was supposed to i got iowa and the illinois game .good thing i had the btn2go on my computer i was able to watch the game evan though it would have been better on the tv. just wanted to let you know how my first big ten network experience went.

Not sure about Charter but with dish network I couldn't be more happy with the Big Ten Network. I also when to Game Finder and it directed me to the right channel and metioned other games on the overflow channels. Didn't have one hiccup. The only bad thing is I had to jump to a higher Tier on dish network for a little extra money but that is certainly better than paying for PPV crap, plus I get a lot of NFL Games and extra ESPN channels, which is fine by me!

Being overseas, had to buy the Big Ten Ticket. I was pissed at first, had to download Adobe constantly and it didn't work, until I realized that Mozilla wasn't supported and I had to use IE. I hate IE, but it worked fine and watched the game with no issues.

The game started on time here and played uninterrupted. My only complaints are relatively minor. One is with BTN itself, and the other with my cable provider, Charter. My issue with BTN was that they came back from commercial breaks late a few times, and we missed some of the action as a result. My issue with Charter is one that applies to all of their non-HD Digital Sports Tier programming (BTN is only available in SD in my market). Charter compresses the crap out of the signals for these channels so much that the quality is much lower than even SD quality. I actually get a better picture hooking my laptop to the TV and watching the BTN2Go or ESPN3. Do any of you Charter customers in other markets have this issue? I know it's not just my place, because friends and neighbors in the area also have the same issues, but it could be unique to their service here.

Otherwise, I was happy to be able to see the game. Living in Birmingham, it's rare to get to see NU against the patsies on the schedule.

Loved the post game analysis 10x better then the 4 letter network.

It's nice because the BTN obviously only covers Big Ten games leaving them a lot of time to talk about each game.

No problems here (Omaha area) I have Cox advanced. However, I didn't like it when they came back to our game and we had missed some of it-not cool. Question: BTN2Go-I am a Verizon subscriber. Can I get that service on my Smart Phone?

I'm in the Chicago area and had the ability to experience Big Ten Network on two different systems. At home, I have AT&T U-Verse and had to set the game to record since we had a party to go to.

At the party, they have Comcast and I was not impressed. Comcast carried only one BTN game in HD and it was not the Nebraska game. Like someone else said, the SD channels was highly compressed and looked awful. Is that the ball or a bug on the camera?

I watched the game in full from my U-Verse recording and it was great. It looked like with U-Verse, all games were carried in both SD and HD. And, no $45 pay per view like I had to deal with in the past :)