19. West Virginia

20. Baylor

21. Missouri

22. South Florida

23. Penn State

24. Texas

25. TCU

LINK

how the heck is Baylor not ranked? They were 7-6 last year and just beat a top 10 team. WTH?

If last year they had been their normal, terrible self, fine. But... they had their best year in a long time and returned their QB.

Well, TCU was #14, and they lost 16 starters. This is a FAR CRY from last year's team. I think they also lost a couple of coaches. Baylor has ZERO defense. Griffin talked about TCU's tough D, but if ANYONE hangs 50 on them, it's obvious how bad they are. Their corners flat out SUCKED.

When Baylor plays a DECENT team, which they won't until A&M, they will be exposed.

how the heck is Baylor not ranked? They were 7-6 last year and just beat a top 10 team. WTH?

If last year they had been their normal, terrible self, fine. But... they had their best year in a long time and returned their QB.

Well, TCU was #14, and they lost 16 starters. This is a FAR CRY from last year's team. I think they also lost a couple of coaches. Baylor has ZERO defense. Griffin talked about TCU's tough D, but if ANYONE hangs 50 on them, it's obvious how bad they are. Their corners flat out SUCKED.

When Baylor plays a DECENT team, which they won't until A&M, they will be exposed.

still though, why is TCU ranked?

• Fire 1

still though, why is TCU ranked?

Originally? Rose Bowl winners.

Now? No idea...although, I guess their comeback, coupled with the "away" status got them "some" respect, but they shouldn't be ranked.

For that matter, ranks this early are worthless anyway.

Sagarin ranks Nebraska #17, which I believe is a spot above where we started. Wiscy is still one spot ahead of us in his rankings, and Ohio State is still a top-five team.

Sag's rankings don't start to sort themselves out until about four weeks into the season, though.

That (#17)is a most reasonable ranking and, I'd think more reflective of reality than an NU #10 ranking.