Week One Polls Released

knapplc

To be honest I think #10 might be a bit high for NU. But that's okay by me. It's much better to start out too high than too low. If we're at #10 and we drop a conf game in Oct/Nov we'll probably stay ranked. If we were at #20 or so and suffer a late loss we could drop out and not make it back in.

That (#17)is a most reasonable ranking and, I'd think more reflective of reality than an NU #10 ranking.

Except that at this moment Nebraska's "argument" for being a top-ten team is as legitimate as anyone else's.

i completely agree. it is like deja vu all over again. just like last year, enjoy the high rank, we deserve it as much as anyone else. every team has the potential to be ranked tenth, people think nu has the best chances. awesome. who are we to tell them otherwise?

To be honest I think #10 might be a bit high for NU. But that's okay by me. It's much better to start out too high than too low. If we're at #10 and we drop a conf game in Oct/Nov we'll probably stay ranked. If we were at #20 or so and suffer a late loss we could drop out and not make it back in.

Good point. I'm sure plenty of people are talking about how Nebraska's overrated, just as we're talking about how a lot of schools are overrated, but all they can do is talk about it. I'd rather have Nebraska be overrated, lose, and get dropped a few spots than be underrated and not get a shot at a bowl game they deserve to play in at the end of the season. If the people are right about Nebraska being overrated, so what?

That (#17)is a most reasonable ranking and, I'd think more reflective of reality than an NU #10 ranking.

Except that at this moment Nebraska's "argument" for being a top-ten team is as legitimate as anyone else's.

i completely agree. it is like deja vu all over again. just like last year, enjoy the high rank, we deserve it as much as anyone else. every team has the potential to be ranked tenth, people think nu has the best chances. awesome. who are we to tell them otherwise?

Couldn't have said it any better myself. When your ranked and are doing good, Haters gonna Hate.