Husky fan requesting ideas for game weekend in Lincoln

husky pup

Hit Misty's Havelock on Friday night and catch the Big Red band pep rally. You won't regret it.

The Original Misty's Restaurant & Lounge since 1964

6235 Havelock Ave

Lincoln, NE 68507

402-466-8424

Hours: 11-10 Mon-Thurs, 11-11 Fri & Sat, 4-9 Sun

Close to Lancaster Event Center and Abbott Sports Complex

Close to lodging

Home of the Friday Night Big Red Pep Rally

Banquet facilities for 10 to 200 people with complimentary room rental

Professional off-site catering from 20 to 5000 people

Misty's at Havelock is the place to be on Friday before the game no other place comes close.

Misty's (downtown) and Lazlo's are pretty safe bets, although they will be packed. They both have good food and micro brews. I cannot recommend the Misty's on Havelock...yes they have a bunch of old helmets, but the atmosphere is drab and it's dated in a bad way.

This is a good point. There's nostalgia and then there's dilapidation. Misty's in Havelock is really starting to look dilapidated.

Yes, Misty's, Lazlo's, the Mill, the Indian Oven are all well and good...

...but make sure to stop down for a Runza. Not at the stadium, but get fresh at one of the places around town.

Bring a spare liver for "O" street, and make sure to get your grub on at Oso Burrito, Ya-Ya's Pizza, or Ali Baba's Gyros.

If you like greasy, southern-style fried chicken, Lee's is still pretty good. Not as good as it was back in the day, but it's still worth a stop-down.

And if you have the time, don't limit yourself to Lincoln--Omaha has a lot of great places. We like to stop down at Brother Sebastians in Omaha for a good steak or prime rib--not as good as Misty's, but the atmosphere and wine list more than make up for that.

Single Barrel just opened up at the corner of 10th and 'P' streets. The Sidetrack Band plays there Friday night before the game and during the day of the game as well. This place is brand new so the don't have any draft beer yet. It's all canned beer and mixed drinks for now.

Most importantly, this. Yeah, no draft sucks, but the band is funny and loves fusing R-rated humor with music and mocking everyone's fight songs.

Check out the Watering Hole at 13th and O St. It's a former dive bar that has recently been renovated and it has the best grilled wings that I have ever had in my life. Cheap beer too including a few local microbrews.

My mouth waters at the thought of their grilled wings. I poked my head in there yesterday to check it out and the place looks great.

If you're wandering around downtown, stop there for a few wings. You will not regret it.

Check out the Watering Hole at 13th and O St. It's a former dive bar that has recently been renovated and it has the best grilled wings that I have ever had in my life. Cheap beer too including a few local microbrews.

My mouth waters at the thought of their grilled wings. I poked my head in there yesterday to check it out and the place looks great.

If you're wandering around downtown, stop there for a few wings. You will not regret it.

No joke. I've probably eaten wings in a dozen states and the Watering Hole is by far the best I have ever had. SOOOO good.

I would say get a runza at the stadium over the resteraunts, they're burn ur mouth hot at memorial. The resturaunts can be pretty hit or miss on quality (mostly miss for me). Seems like I get them and they either not cooked and soggy or cooked but not even warm. Had a few cheese ones at 14th and cornhusker and the cheese wasn't even melted. But they've still got some of the best hamburgers there are.