ND & Texass lifting their skirts for Delaney

notgoodatmath

The hilarious thing is the legs the current rumor is getting with the ACC. Texas to ACC for all sport BUT football, they go indie in football, agree to play at least four games a year against ACC teams, with some special provision of having some on LHN, ESPN pays both ACC and Longhorns for the deal, rumored to be worth potentially $1B to all parties concerned, potentially paving the way for ND to go to ACC with same agreement. Why on earth the ACC would agree to such stupidity is beyond me, but if they do, they deserve everything that comes with it. That type of inequity will kill that conference quicker than anything. The true football schools will get out as quick as possible - F St., V Tech, Miami, Boston schools... and I don't think a Pitt or a Syracuse wants to mess with that type of setup either. I would hope they're smarter than that... but then I had hoped the Big XII was smarter than it proved to be as time went on too.

Guess we'll see or hear more after the BoR meetings for both OU and tu on Monday... both have line items referring to conference alignment in meetings on Monday.

This doesn't sync up with the recent NY Times article and ESPN newsbite which states Syracuse and Pitt to the ACC. I'd link the article, but it's behind a paywall IIRC. Nevermind, it's been posted in the Other Sports section.

I don't know what to think about Texas to ACC--someone else here mentioned its Texas trying their hand at poker again. Problem is, they don't have nearly as many chips now as when Nebraska called and beat them in 2010.

A wise man once said you have to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

Aye. The whole thing with the Pitt and Syracuse info coming out today, combined with the upper $20M exit fee is just crazy to me, if Texas is on their way to joining. Why would you allow them at that point to then foster the type of resentment that is bound to come with the arrangements? Dunno... I'm still of the opinion that I'll believe Texas gets any of these deals we're hearing about it only when I see it. While I can see the desirability from a perceived eyeballs and $$ standpoint, I really can't see a conference not seeing what Texas has done to the last two conferences they were members of, and not wanting that type of attitude within any other conference. At this point I think a wait-and-see on this is the only approach.

If Texas was to join the Big Ten the conference would automatically have a new hated rivalry that can create interest like the OSU Michigan rivalry. Texas Nebraska would be great in the Big 10 especially if the game is played every year. They hate us and we obviously hate them. Just a thought!

Hmmm...it would be rather ironic to take OU's rival...

here is the question I have? Would the Big Ten allow them to be full members right away? Or would texas have to come in with the same stipulations as Nebraska did?

Same, yet possibly different. We're not a fully-vested member in the Big 10 until we pay X amount (which isn't public knowledge), but it's projected to take 5-6 years to pay off that amount. That money is for becoming a fully-vested member in the Big 10 Network and any other conference-wide infrastructure that Nebraska would benefit from that the other 11 have paid for.

Texas would have the same stipulations, but since they bathe in dirty oil and pork barrel money daily, it would likely be easier for Texas to pay those costs in a quicker timeframe *or* just pay whatever X is at the front and then get their full Big 10 check.

I hope that if the B1G is dumb enough to bring in Texass, which I don't think that it is, then I would hope Nebraska would join *any* other conference. MAC, Southern, C-USA, La Liga, who gives a sh*t. B1G would be doomed to death anyway if Texass joined, might as well join a Spanish Soccer League that isn't plagued by a cancerous growth that is Texass.