Kenny Bell to start against Washington

Kenny Bell has announced he is going to be starting Saturday against Washington. I read an article earlier this week that stated BK hasn't been holding on to the ball and coaches have "taken notice" and are making changes they need to make accordingly. I wonder if Kenny Bell isn't going to be getting the start in BK's place. We know Enunwa is starting, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Marlowe replaced for the remainder of the season as he hasn't done jack yet and I would expect BK gets pulled a game or two until he fixes his butterfingers. I truly believe BK is a good receiver, but these young guys we have are just going to be spectacular.... Jamal Turner, Kenny Bell, Quincy Enunwa... these three will anchor us going forward and SJB & Taariq Allen will absolutely serve as good backups.

I think BK's issues have a lot to do with his strained thumb. The guy caught 44 passes last year. He's not a bad WR.

That said, if his hands aren't right and he can't catch, then he needs to sit until he can.

I don't know about Marlowe. Was he starting? I know he's been back there to return kickoffs, but they've been kicking it to the Freshman (which I would do, too). How much PT has Marlowe got at wideout?

I think BK's issues have a lot to do with his strained thumb. The guy caught 44 passes last year. He's not a bad WR.

That said, if his hands aren't right and he can't catch, then he needs to sit until he can.

I don't know about Marlowe. Was he starting? I know he's been back there to return kickoffs, but they've been kicking it to the Freshman (which I would do, too). How much PT has Marlowe got at wideout?

Other than on kickoffs, I haven't heard his name called yet. I didn't get to watch the Fresno State game, but I don't think I remember seeing him on offense in the UTC game.

Other than on kickoffs, I haven't heard his name called yet. I didn't get to watch the Fresno State game, but I don't think I remember seeing him on offense in the UTC game.

He had a catch at the end of the 2nd quarter of the Fresno game, and he drew a PI against UTC, otherwise nothing.

He had a catch at the end of the 2nd quarter of the Fresno game, and he drew a PI against UTC, otherwise nothing.

i think Marlowe is a lot like Curenski Gillyen, lots of speed, but not real good hands. i doubt Curenski gets to touch the ball this year.

He is actually out there quite a bit. When I watch games I try to pick out a player or unit on the field and watch them exclusively. Marlowe has good hands and is a decent blocker I think, but he does not have that get open ability without Taylor having time to sit back in the pocket. He would be a solid receiver if we could give Taylor protection. But...we dont give Taylor protection and he has virtually no time to make a read lately. So Turner, Bell, and Quincy are the best bet. Regardless though, I think Turner should be ahead of Marlowe. Watch him presnap to after the play is over. He is an absolute missle.

Looks like Marlowe has two catches on the season for 16 yards. He has been targeted only five times. Two incompletes and one pass interference.

On Special Teams he's been ignored during Kickoffs, since he's more of a proven commodity than Abdullah, and he has one appearance on punt returns, with a fair catch against UTC.

Kenny has earned the right to start. He has the kind of speed we ahve been lacking on offense for a long time.

Speed is nice but after the last couple of years I want wrs who actually catch the damn ball as #1 priority. Even with Lyon's excellent post stating quite accurately how badly we need the speed......I just can't hack any more 2010 Texas games.

This isn't really a surprise that we are seeing guys who are doing good in practice getting chances.

http://huskerextra.com/mobile/article_f9fb66a6-3040-596c-afda-0675da44f50d.html

Rich Fisher says he has the "utmost confidence" in wide receiver Brandon Kinnie, noting the senior leader is merely going through a rough stretch.

"We've got a long season," said Fisher, the first-year NU wide receivers coach. "He'll be fine."

Is it safe to say Kinnie's role won't be diminished?

"Well, I didn't say that," Fisher said. "I just said I have a lot of faith in Brandon Kinnie."

Kenny has earned the right to start. He has the kind of speed we ahve been lacking on offense for a long time.

Speed is nice but after the last couple of years I want wrs who actually catch the damn ball as #1 priority. Even with Lyon's excellent post stating quite accurately how badly we need the speed......I just can't hack any more 2010 Texas games.

Kenny's catch against Fresno showed that he probably has the best hands on the team.

Kenny's catch against Fresno showed that he probably has the best hands on the team.

Oh, I loved it too and I'm thrilled he's starting! Because he "catches the ball" much more than his speed (although that's a very good asset too).