More Expansion rumors. Missouri supposedly has an offer from the SEC

TopekaHUSKER15

I'd wager that the SEC didn't put out an offer they may have hinted that if MU were to apply they would likely receive a favorable response. The Baylor lawsuit is threatening the SEC for supposedly approaching A&M thus leading to the breakup of the Big XII-II-I. These conferences have to be careful that they don't open themselves up to more lawsuits.

As a resident of Missouri having to endure all the abuse for the Huskers leaving and stealing "Missouri's invite to the B1G" I will LMAO if this "source" blows another chance of getting into a better conference situation!!! When will they learn their lesson. Loose lips sinks ships.

If we pay attention to how this has worked with NU, CU, Pitt, Syracuse, the schools apply for membership and then and only then do the conferences vote to accept or deny new membership. I'm not sure A&M did it this way, they were a little too public with all the goings on and it has already ended up at least nipping them in the behind by delaying their full acceptance into the SEC.

It will be interesting to see if Bevo actually gives in to OU's demands, I'd be shocked if they do. If the expected implosion doesn't happen I can't imagine the new Big XII would be very attractive to new schools that would be quality additions to the conference.

I read an article that ND would rather go to the ACC then the big ten if a super conference form. That would leave slim pickings if Missouri does have an offer from the sec like espn reports. Any one think maybe oklahoma might want to get away from Texas and join the B1G ten? I just hope the big ten isn't going to get left taking some little to just get to bigger numbers.

I read an article that ND would rather go to the ACC then the big ten if a super conference form. That would leave slim pickings if Missouri does have an offer from the sec like espn reports. Any one think maybe oklahoma might want to get away from Texas and join the B1G ten? I just hope the big ten isn't going to get left taking some little to just get to bigger numbers.

Oklahoma has no chance of joining the Big 10. People just need to give this up already--Oklahoma isn't an AAU member (or even close), they have very little academic prestige, and save for Ohio State, they have very little in common with Big 10 schools.

Missouri to the SEC, as I've said before, puts Kansas at the forefront of Big 10 expansion. Pair them with Notre Dame (I seriously doubt they'd go to the ACC), and you've got a better two-fer expansion than anyone else.

The PAC rejected expansion because Texas was demanding too much regarding the LHN and OU/OSU in a 14 team league didn't make sense with the added travel expense when not moving to a pod based conference alignment.

Supposedly they (OU and Texas) will be meeting soon to figure out what they can compromise on to keep them both in the league for another "5 years".

A&M isn't interested in going back and with the big 12 remaining in tact they'll likely be clear to leave officially. Who knows what the SEC does at that point, but it likely won't be adding Missouri but it denied that anyways.