Taylor Martinez throwing motion

carlfense

The biggest thing that Taylor's mechanics can help him with is, instead of those helium ballons that Reed, Bell and Turner catch are TD's instead of long gains down into the redzone. All of these guys have had to wait on the ball after being atleast 5 yards behind the secondary.

The decision making as knapp has pointed out will hep the passing numbers far more than anything. Too many times, Taylor appears to have a locked in a certain idea that he is throwing to "x" receiver before the snap and more often than not that receiver is amongst 2 or 3 defenders. Line play has affected it, but I would love for Taylor to be able to hit his second or third read on a pass play. This has yet to happen,

One final thing on his decision making, and this goes along with reading his progressions, But in the Washington game when Taylor went for the homerun to Bell in the second half into double coverage, he had BOTH Jamal(I believe) and Ben Cotton running by themselves at 10 and 15 yards running across the defense. Time hopefully correctsthis, but just once I plead, for a second or third read to make a catch this year. The primary read and check down just will not cut it.

He has. Not a lot, but he certainly has.

I would like to add, that at least Beck is willing to take those shots downfield! Whether the pass is completed or not, it makes the defense reconsider bringing their safeties up. Shawn Watson wouldn't even take a damn shot! Beck is getting this thing going. I got a feeling he has a plan at the QB position too. I don't know how long Martinez will be the man for his offense.

When we get another quarterback with the athleticism of Taylor, passing or running skills, then talk about how long he will be the man for this offense. When you find the new man, please inform me

That's funny, from what I hear a guy with running skills like Taylor's doesn't seem to come around too often. I mean, I think every analyst on this planet has said that his speed is even beyond Eric Crouch's, and last I knew, Eric was a pretty rare talent......something about a Heisman Trophy???? Now when we get a guy who has a strong balance of both running and passing skills instead of just being a juggernaut in one or the other, that is when this offense will be at it's best. I believe that is the meaning of dual- threat. Please any more suggestions are welcome. I enjoy teaching.

I would like to add, that at least Beck is willing to take those shots downfield! Whether the pass is completed or not, it makes the defense reconsider bringing their safeties up. Shawn Watson wouldn't even take a damn shot! Beck is getting this thing going. I got a feeling he has a plan at the QB position too. I don't know how long Martinez will be the man for his offense.

When we get another quarterback with the athleticism of Taylor, passing or running skills, then talk about how long he will be the man for this offense. When you find the new man, please inform me

That's funny, from what I hear a guy with running skills like Taylor's doesn't seem to come around too often. I mean, I think every analyst on this planet has said that his speed is even beyond Eric Crouch's, and last I knew, Eric was a pretty rare talent......something about a Heisman Trophy???? Now when we get a guy who has a strong balance of both running and passing skills instead of just being a juggernaut in one or the other, that is when this offense will be at it's best. I believe that is the meaning of dual- threat. Please any more suggestions are welcome. I enjoy teaching.

Agreed. It is baffling how people who believe they are football fans can predict the benching of a guy who's responsible for 70% of our total offense. :laughpound

Mark my words, just as we found out against Texas, Texas AnM and Oklahoma this team will struggle against the more stout defenses in Conference play. Taylor will have to use his arm at some point this season to win us a ball game. I'm afraid he may not be able to come through with those 10 second ducks he lobs up
Good example. Two teams that didn't have to worry about the QB running.
I got a feeling he has a plan at the QB position too. I don't know how long Martinez will be the man for his offense.
I'm sure he'll be benched before the Wisconsin game. Beck is a genius and Martinez has obviously been a decoy all along.

No friend, I was thinking more like next year we may see a different QB. Once Brion gets one more year of learning this new system. Unless of course, Martinez is re injured with all the running he does this year. Why would we bench him before the Wiscy game? If he was going to be benched, we should have done it with some of these preseason cupcake games to get some reps for the new guy.

Agreed. It is baffling how people who believe they are football fans can predict the benching of a guy who's responsible for 70% of our total offense. :laughpound

I don't think Taylor running two out of three downs is exactly what Beck has in mind for this offense. I guess I am the only one currently on the message boards who thinks that way. Yes, he may be seventy percent of the offense, but Taylor is a runner and not a great passer if you haven't noticed?? I just believe Beck will have a better option in the next three years. Who knows though. I don't see this guy as a four year starter, but if he is the best we can get at QB, then as I said before, that is very unfortunate for a University like Nebraska.

I don't think Taylor running two out of three downs is exactly what Beck has in mind for this offense. I guess I am the only one currently on the message boards who thinks that way. Yes, he may be seventy percent of the offense, but Taylor is a runner and not a great passer if you haven't noticed?? I just believe Beck will have a better option in the next three years. Who knows though. I don't see this guy as a four year starter, but if he is the best we can get at QB, then as I said before, that is very unfortunate for a University like Nebraska.

Yes, I'm sure Beck is about to shelve what has been, to this point, the #13 scoring offense in the country. I'm sure we're about to see the "real" offense. All this has been a sham - all the talk about these no-huddle looks, focusing on the run, more like Oregon... all that stuff has been setting our opponents up for the REAL offense - the Swinging Gate!

I don't see this guy as a four year starter, but if he is the best we can get at QB, then as I said before, that is very unfortunate for a University like Nebraska.

:rolleyes:

again, I hate this rolleyes icon. It just doesn't capture my feelings. It looks some nice old man looking at a cute little kid he's passed on the sidewalk.

I got a feeling he has a plan at the QB position too. I don't know how long Martinez will be the man for his offense.
I'm sure he'll be benched before the Wisconsin game. Beck is a genius and Martinez has obviously been a decoy all along.

No friend, I was thinking more like next year we may see a different QB. Once Brion gets one more year of learning this new system. Unless of course, Martinez is re injured with all the running he does this year. Why would we bench him before the Wiscy game? If he was going to be benched, we should have done it with some of these preseason cupcake games to get some reps for the new guy.

It's called sarcasm

I don't see this guy as a four year starter, but if he is the best we can get at QB, then as I said before, that is very unfortunate for a University like Nebraska.

:rolleyes:

again, I hate this rolleyes icon. It just doesn't capture my feelings. It looks some nice old man looking at a cute little kid he's passed on the sidewalk.

It's called sarcasm

9412238.jpg

I've been on of Martinez's biggest defenders, but honestly, he is not a QB. He shotputs the football when he throws it. He is the guy for this year because we don't have anyone else. Brion and Kellogg are not ready or any better. If Starling had chosen to stay, we would have a full blown controversy on our hands.

If I were Bo, I would go to the JUCO ranks for the next 1-3 years until they can get Armstrong or another incoming freshmen ready. We need to bring in a dedicated QB coach as well.