Coach Callahan

kramer

Through 6 games is Callahan coach of the year??  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Charlie Weis is coach of the year

In that case, where would the guys who like to pull the "gravy training" card at? "Well, he just won with Ty's players" <_<

Exquisite.

I think Callahan should get consideration for the Big 12 if the team continues to play this well throughout the season. As far as Coach of the Year goes, Karl Dorrell or Charlie Weis or how about Mack Brown? Weis is using Ty's players, but there has been an attitude change in South Bend and he is responsible for that.

Charlie Weis is coach of the year

In that case, where would the guys who like to pull the "gravy training" card at? "Well, he just won with Ty's players" <_<

Exquisite.

I think Callahan should get consideration for the Big 12 if the team continues to play this well throughout the season. As far as Coach of the Year goes, Karl Dorrell or Charlie Weis or how about Mack Brown? Weis is using Ty's players, but there has been an attitude change in South Bend and he is responsible for that.

Yup.

Its time for some rose colored goggles, Callahan is number one!!!! Actually, i dont think he is, but Charlie Weiss sure the hell isnt. Shula or Dorrell, or maybe Rodriguez. Weiss started with alot of talent, and his defense still sucks. If he doesnt get beat badly by Michigan State, than maybe, but no film except for the patriots for other teams and adequate talent on offense equals over acheiving. Cant give it to him at this point.

As far as Coach of the Year goes Charlie Weis Weis is using Ty's players, but there has been an attitude change in South Bend and he is responsible for that.

He shouldn't win it on the fact that he pulls his pants up to his man boobs. He looks like an 80 year old women with his sweats up that high.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

I was thinking the same thing about his man-boobs the other day. There's absolutely no need for his pants to be up that high. What size bra do you think he could wear?

I love BC, but in honesty he has done nothing to even be considered coach of the year. We have beaten cup cakes and lost to the only quality team we played. Unrealistic comes to mind.

In honesty if he wins the rest it will mean nothing unless we should happen to win the CCG. The chances of that are way way way out there.

With Wake, Pitt and Iowa state falling apart our schedule is a joke. I had expeceted it to be better as the year went along but in honesty it is getting worse. We do not play another ranked team until the CCG if we get there. That is not the schedule that would get you a quality bowl or coach of the year.

Sorry, just to far out there for me to swallow.

True our schedule has been easier than we expected with Pitt not being quite as tough as we thought, but look at USC last year. Did they play anyone great in the regular season? Only good team really was Cal, who was overrated. But USC got to the NC game. I think if Nebraska did win the rest of their games including the Big 12 Championship they would go to a BCS bowl and possibly the National Championship.

I think the WV coach is very overrated. What has he ever won. If he wins a Big East title this year that isn't that big of a deal. That conference stinks.

yah, watching teams in the Big East play is like watching a couple of crippled kids fighting for a crutch: they might have the heart, but the spectacle of such a sight is just too sad to watch.

Well, I think enough have already talked about the national scene of whether he deserves it or not; so I won't go there. I don't think with the way the question was phrased he can even be considered Coach of the Year in the Big 12. I say the way the question was phrased because it says at this point in the season. Obviously, Baylor's coach wins hands down right now. However, there is still half the season left so Baylor could just as easily lose the rest of their games. Baylor was expected to be the worst team in the Big 12. Nebraska was at least expected to make a run at the Big 12 North. I can't remember the Vegas odds, but have we even beaten a team we were supposed to lose to? Baylor has beaten and played really close to teams that were supposed to blow them out of the water.

Based from what we've seen thus far, Baylor's coach gets the nod. Mack Brown might get some consideration, but he played in a BCS bowl last year. Other than beating OU, he really hasn't accomplished anything more than he does most other years. BC really hasn't done much this year that wasn't expected other than playing Maine a lot closer than anticipated and playing TT a lot closer than anticipated at the beginning of the season. Obviously if we play in the Big 12 Championship game and beat Texas, BC should be in strong contention for Big 12 Coach of the Year. But, that wasn't how the question was asked!