Why oh why

husker_doc

I hope this game will be epic. I can hardly believe the bros Pelini won't have this team ready to play. I might be drinking the kool aid but the offense is doing better than last year and the defense will be in its best shape thus far this season. No worries, I plan on betting the Huskers.

We do have plenty to be worried about. Our Defense, the O Line, will T-mart be able to run.

But, that being said, I also think that Wisky should have plenty to be worried about as well. The teams they have blown out aren't that good, and we're the first real competition they will be seeing.

Either way, I'm hoping for a good old fashioned, knock down, drag out street fight.

Why do I feel so negative about this Wisconsin game? I am usually that overzealous Husker fan who can't think anything negative. But this game seriously scares the crap out of me. We are not ready.

And they are ready? No one and I mean no one they have played has prepared them for the team speed they are about to get from us on Saturday. We will be fine, Shawn Watson is gone, our offence can move the ball well (I have watched them play, their D is ssssslllllooooowwwww). Also, you are not going to be seeing the experimentation we have been on D. Bo knows defence and I am not worried.

Yeah...cause you know OSU is slower than crap. And Michigan plays with cinder blocks on its feet. And of course Penn State is usually full of crappy players and MSU last year wasn't fast. We're not any faster than 1/2 the B10 teams.

Not the speed we have... the one team last year that is even comparable to us this year speed wise was TCU and what happened in that game?

hmmm...interesting and thought provoking point.

My only concern is that with all this stuff on Offense and Defense that "we haven't seen yet", are we going to be able to execute it since it will be the first time in game speed or is going to be a cluster %$? That worries me a little. I would give them the slight edge at this point in the season, but would give us the edge in CCG

I don't think there is going to be much that "we haven't seen yet" come Saturday, because of the reasons you mentioned. If we haven't had a chance to work on the stuff, especially on offense, then a night game at Camp Randall would not be the place to break it out. My gameplan would be:

On offense: Give Rex Burkhead the ball atleast 30 times (atleast 10 RexCat plays). This team is obviously capable, and fond of running downhill. I don't think the success of those toss sweep plays is a coincidence. I think we are going to be an excellent running team as the year goes on.

On defense: Get After Em'. Wisconsin's offense is a very effective one, but they have not seen nowhere near the speed we have on defense this year, or last year for that matter. We need to use our speed to get to Wilson, and make them run the ball. So what if they run for 200 yards, if they pass for 100, then we win this game!

Offensively, I think we have enough speed and talent to more than match up with Wisconsin's D.

Defensively, I just want to see the D line pin their ears back and go after Wilson. Our best defensive series against Washington were the ones where Price was hurried.

Getting in Wilson's face and making him hurry is the key to the game IMO. He threw 14 interceptions last year and I'll be shocked if we don't get at least one tomorrow night. Having Dennard back is going to let the defense be more creative with QB pressure.

I like our chances to win, especially since it's on the road because in past seasons they've played their best games away from Memorial Stadium.