Why oh why

husker_doc

Why do I feel so negative about this Wisconsin game? I am usually that overzealous Husker fan who can't think anything negative. But this game seriously scares the crap out of me. We are not ready.

And they are ready? No one and I mean no one they have played has prepared them for the team speed they are about to get from us on Saturday. We will be fine, Shawn Watson is gone, our offence can move the ball well (I have watched them play, their D is ssssslllllooooowwwww). Also, you are not going to be seeing the experimentation we have been on D. Bo knows defence and I am not worried.

Yeah...cause you know OSU is slower than crap. And Michigan plays with cinder blocks on its feet. And of course Penn State is usually full of crappy players and MSU last year wasn't fast. We're not any faster than 1/2 the B10 teams.

Not the speed we have... the one team last year that is even comparable to us this year speed wise was TCU and what happened in that game?

yeah guys the entire big ten is slow. yeah there are some fast individuals....but the teams as a whole, not so much. Ohio state is the exception. Which is why they have won 6 straight titles.

I'm concerned about the Wisconsin game because our defense hasn't lived up to the pre-season rave notices. In fact, I think our defense is worse this year than in the past 2 year.... and it wasn't supposed to be that way.

I think we will learn more about the defense this week than we have all year. Wisconsin will either prove the earlier games were misleading OR show that our defense has taken a step backwards and we are in for a disappointing season.

I think it is going to be a higher scoring game...both teams in the 30s or 40s...We have to get the ball out on the edge...Get it to Turner!!! I don't see how we don't get Turner, Bell and Enunwa the ball more...Just get it to them over the middle or on short routes...they can make the first guy miss, then who knows...We have to use our playmakers better. I think we can come out with the win if we can get a few key stops on D and get a big special teams play or interception/fumble recovery deep in their territory. Go Big Red!

My only concern is that with all this stuff on Offense and Defense that "we haven't seen yet", are we going to be able to execute it since it will be the first time in game speed or is going to be a cluster %$? That worries me a little. I would give them the slight edge at this point in the season, but would give us the edge in CCG

I think Nebraska will win. Since Pelini took over the team almost always plays great against good teams that people don't expect them to beat. That's why I'm kind of glad we've had a few problems. If we were expected to win I would be a lot more worried.

(I would point out that those records aren't really a palindrome, but that would be annoying so I won't)

My only concern is that with all this stuff on Offense and Defense that "we haven't seen yet", are we going to be able to execute it since it will be the first time in game speed or is going to be a cluster %$? That worries me a little. I would give them the slight edge at this point in the season, but would give us the edge in CCG

I don't think there is going to be much that "we haven't seen yet" come Saturday, because of the reasons you mentioned. If we haven't had a chance to work on the stuff, especially on offense, then a night game at Camp Randall would not be the place to break it out. My gameplan would be:

On offense: Give Rex Burkhead the ball atleast 30 times (atleast 10 RexCat plays). This team is obviously capable, and fond of running downhill. I don't think the success of those toss sweep plays is a coincidence. I think we are going to be an excellent running team as the year goes on.

On defense: Get After Em'. Wisconsin's offense is a very effective one, but they have not seen nowhere near the speed we have on defense this year, or last year for that matter. We need to use our speed to get to Wilson, and make them run the ball. So what if they run for 200 yards, if they pass for 100, then we win this game!

I don't think there is going to be much that "we haven't seen yet" come Saturday, because of the reasons you mentioned. If we haven't had a chance to work on the stuff, especially on offense, then a night game at Camp Randall would not be the place to break it out. My gameplan would be:

On offense: Give Rex Burkhead the ball atleast 30 times (atleast 10 RexCat plays). This team is obviously capable, and fond of running downhill. I don't think the success of those toss sweep plays is a coincidence. I think we are going to be an excellent running team as the year goes on.

On defense: Get After Em'. Wisconsin's offense is a very effective one, but they have not seen nowhere near the speed we have on defense this year, or last year for that matter. We need to use our speed to get to Wilson, and make them run the ball. So what if they run for 200 yards, if they pass for 100, then we win this game!

Offensively, I think we have enough speed and talent to more than match up with Wisconsin's D.

Defensively, I just want to see the D line pin their ears back and go after Wilson. Our best defensive series against Washington were the ones where Price was hurried.

I love this matchup because though Wisky is far from being the most exciting team in the B10, but they know how to bring it. This is the perfect introduction of Nebraska to the conference. It just wouldn't have been right to start with somebody like Purdue. Wisky is the most like Nebraska so it will a be wonderful comparison and I'm going to settle down and eat my popcorn. Too bad you can't both lose. :-)

Why do I feel so negative about this Wisconsin game? I am usually that overzealous Husker fan who can't think anything negative. But this game seriously scares the crap out of me. We are not ready.

And they are ready? No one and I mean no one they have played has prepared them for the team speed they are about to get from us on Saturday. We will be fine, Shawn Watson is gone, our offence can move the ball well (I have watched them play, their D is ssssslllllooooowwwww). Also, you are not going to be seeing the experimentation we have been on D. Bo knows defence and I am not worried.

Yeah...cause you know OSU is slower than crap. And Michigan plays with cinder blocks on its feet. And of course Penn State is usually full of crappy players and MSU last year wasn't fast. We're not any faster than 1/2 the B10 teams.

da skers, you really believe that?

I think our offense is outrageously fast.....Reed, the triplets, Bell, Turner, Tmart, etc. Half the Big10 is faster? One of the very few times I can't buy your statement. But no biggie.....

GBR!!