Nebraska +10 @ Wisconsin

Opening Spread  

95 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm honestly surprised the line opened up at double digits. I'd bet that the line drops to about 7.5 by game day. As negative as I am about Taylor's throwing abilities/limitations, Austin Cassidy's Anthony West-esque coverage skills and our overall inability to go out and play passionate, defensive football, I have to go with Big Red to be the spread here and I'm picking us to win this week. This couldn't have been scripted any better for Wisconsin, IMO. First B1G road game, a hostile environment, we open up a 10 point underdog...Pelini will have the boys ready this week.

31-24 Big Red....though my instinct tells me there will be more points scored in this one, I have to believe we can hold them to under 30.

Wow...I'd take Nebraska. I think a lot of people are taking the scores of the Wisconsin game and putting too much weight on them. Sure, shutting out Oregon State is impressive, until you see that Oregon State lost @ home to Sacramento State and Wisconsin beat them @ Camp Randall. Sure beating UNLV looks good, until you see Washington State scoring more than Wisconsin did against them. Honestly, Wisconsin's best win was against South Dakota, an FCS team.

Give me Nebraska +10.

I would have to give the 10 and take Wisconsin...I just don't think we keep it within 2 scores the way Martinez handles the option, pressure and ball handling...PLUS our D is not up to our normal standards. Youth and new system (more base 4-3) have combined for some colossal missed assignments.

With that said, the Husker die hard in me would definitely love to find some ML action to hedge my bet!!!! I'm hoping Martinez can right his ship and grow as QB in a very hostile environment in primetime!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

38-24 Wisconsin

I would have to give the 10 and take Wisconsin...I just don't think we keep it within 2 scores the way Martinez handles the option, pressure and ball handling...PLUS our D is not up to our normal standards. Youth and new system (more base 4-3) have combined for some colossal missed assignments.

With that said, the Husker die hard in me would definitely love to find some ML action to hedge my bet!!!! I'm hoping Martinez can right his ship and grow as QB in a very hostile environment in primetime!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

38-24 Wisconsin

I am with you. I too have a hard time seeing the Huskers playing any closer than perhaps 14 or so points. Your score is not too far off from what I will predict --- I'll go with Wisconsin 35 Huskers 17. A best case scenario would be about the 10 point differential that the line suggests --- a worst case scenario would be a scenario where Wisconsin scores early several times, establishes the momentum and the Huskers fold --- and where Wisconsin runs up the score (something they are known for and likely what they would do to send a message from the conference to NU) ... at which point a Wisconsin 30+ victory is not out of the question. That said, I will go with the middle ground --- neither the best or the worst-case scenario.

UW 35 NU 17. They cover the spread by a touchdown.

I'm honestly surprised the line opened up at double digits. I'd bet that the line drops to about 7.5 by game day. As negative as I am about Taylor's throwing abilities/limitations, Austin Cassidy's Anthony West-esque coverage skills and our overall inability to go out and play passionate, defensive football, I have to go with Big Red to be the spread here and I'm picking us to win this week. This couldn't have been scripted any better for Wisconsin, IMO. First B1G road game, a hostile environment, we open up a 10 point underdog...Pelini will have the boys ready this week.

31-24 Big Red....though my instinct tells me there will be more points scored in this one, I have to believe we can hold them to under 30.

The key statement that you made --- as far as I am concerned is this one ---> "Pelini will have the boys ready this week."

Man, I hope you are correct. That said, Pelini has not had this team ready --- if by ready we mean "intense, focused, and with solid fundamentals on both sides of the ball every quarter of the game irrespective of score" at any point in time in our last 8 games. In fact, it has been quite rare that NU has played intense, fundamental, sound, focused ball on both sides of the ball at any time in the Pelini era.

I do hope that NU is focused and ready to play hard, physical, intense, solid fundamental football with passion and fire (yet smart) on both O and D --- every play of each quarter irrespective of score --- if so, NU has a real good chance of winning. It is just that it seems unlikely --- based upon the past --- that Pelini will have the team ready. This is why i see UW winning and covering the spread (and then some) --- I simply doubt that Pelini will have the team ready.

Hope I am wrong and NU not only is prepared... but catches a break or two as well. No matter what, I will cheer them on with enthusiasm and hope for the best.

All these negative posters. Seriously, look at the B1G through a glass filled with recent results vs the conference we recently left:

OU rank 1 and rolling

OSU in the top 10 and never challenged until playing aTm

aTm never challenged until meeting OSU

KSU taking the U to the woodshed in their own house.

now, the B1G,

Whisky rolling against weaker opponents

tOSU getting spanked by the U

Iowa getting spanked by ISU

PSU getting bitch slapped by Bama

Mich getting lucky to win and MSU getting spanked by ND

Seriously, time for the nay sayers to wake up. Whisky is a good program (maybe as good as Okie St. or Mizzou) but not a top level team. The B1G is at best the 4th best conference (behind the SEC, Big 12 and ACC, maybe even behind the pac 12) and so, I give my sker's a very good chance of winning this game and truly believe those foolish enough to give pelini and the skers 10 points will get what they deserve. (A lighter wallet.) Huskers win this game hands down provided they don't turn the ball over.

All these negative posters. Seriously, look at the B1G through a glass filled with recent results vs the conference we recently left:

OU rank 1 and rolling

OSU in the top 10 and never challenged until playing aTm

aTm never challenged until meeting OSU

KSU taking the U to the woodshed in their own house.

now, the B1G,

Whisky rolling against weaker opponents

tOSU getting spanked by the U

Iowa getting spanked by ISU

PSU getting bitch slapped by Bama

Mich getting lucky to win and MSU getting spanked by ND

Seriously, time for the nay sayers to wake up. Whisky is a good program (maybe as good as Okie St. or Mizzou) but not a top level team. The B1G is at best the 4th best conference (behind the SEC, Big 12 and ACC, maybe even behind the pac 12) and so, I give my sker's a very good chance of winning this game and truly believe those foolish enough to give pelini and the skers 10 points will get what they deserve. (A lighter wallet.) Huskers win this game hands down provided they don't turn the ball over.

I agree that the Big 10 is not a great conference and also agree that Wisconsin is about like an Oklahoma State-level program (which is a very high level of play). While Oklahoma State and Wisconsin are pretty comparable in overall level --- the two are very different. OSU has a weak defense and a great explosive passing offense with decent running. Wisconsin is very different --- they have a much better defense and a strong running game on O. We match up better against Oklahoma State than we do Wisconsin..

So... whether this NU team were to match up against Oklahoma State or Wisconsin... the result would likely be the same... we lose. I'd rather play OSU, but...

So the point for me anyway is not that the Big 10 is all the rage (it is not)... or that Wisconsin is somehow akin to Alabama or LSU (they are not) --- but rather that NU has not shown us any reason to think we can beat a Top 10-caliber team (Wisconsin probably is that). Maybe we can --- maybe it all comes together here for NU and things really gel --- it can happen --- but the recent past NU performances (the last 7-8 games) suggest that it won't.

I think we can get that spread. At least I hope we can. This is why I don't gamble..

Why i don't gamble against or for my own teams...

However Wisconsin -15 at Northern Illinois 2 weeks ago and LSU -7 @ WVU this past week were pretty obvious money makers....

That's probably good advice to live by. I tend to look at everything through rose colored glasses. :rolleyes:

I think we can get that spread. At least I hope we can. This is why I don't gamble..

Why i don't gamble against or for my own teams...

However Wisconsin -15 at Northern Illinois 2 weeks ago and LSU -7 @ WVU this past week were pretty obvious money makers....

That's probably good advice to live by. I tend to look at everything through rose colored glasses. :rolleyes:

Really? I find it easier to bet on Nebraska than anybody else in the nation. I've only missed like 3 bets in 2 years. Last week, I had us covering at -23.5 and picked the under at 59.5 :smokin