5 simple keys to a Nebraska "W"

HuskerTD

I think the key is balanced pressure from the Dline. They all need to have a solid game where we can collapse the pocket around Wilson. How many times have we seen pressure come from one side and the QB breaks out the other side of the pocket into the open, and with everyone in man coverage he runs for good yardage before anyone can even come up for support. I know thats asking for a lot, but I would rather have him have to sit in the pocket and make throws rather than be running out towards the flats with a runn/pass option with no one close to him.

5 keys to victory

1. NU must contain Wilson (keep him in the pocket)

2. NU must keep Wisconsin's rushing attack to under 5.0 ypc.

3. NU needs to win the turnover battle or stay even.

4. NU secondary needs to limit big plays and busted coverages.

5. Finally, Martinez needs to complete 60% of his passes.

Out of all of these I think the toughest is #1. But with that said I think its doable. We just need to play assignment football

and all of these should come to fruition. BTW I am just a fan and this imho :P

I'd say there are two keys: first prevent the Badger running game from getting on track early. Then, get enough pressure on RW to keep him from checking off to his 2nd and 3rd receiver. I guess that's kind of obvious, but when the Badgers lose, that's how it happens. So, in short, I'm agreeing with you but especially emphasizing the fact that your defense is the key to beating us.

There are some great keys to winning here, but lets be real....

The offense with Martinez is way too one dimensional.....a good defensive coordinator would put 9 or 10 guys in the box, with a spy on Taylor. That would almost force him to throw and complete more passes, something he's shown he cant do. Our running game would do next to nothing against so many men in the box.

The defense is poor compared to last season. Losing Suh and a few good DB's really hurts, and we couldnt stop the passing game last week against a mediocre opponent. What do you think Wisconsin is gonna do ??? Take away the Black shirts, they dont deserve them yet !!!

Wisconsin 38 Nebraska 17

it hurts me to feel this way !!!!!

There are some great keys to winning here, but lets be real....

The offense with Martinez is way too one dimensional.....a good defensive coordinator would put 9 or 10 guys in the box, with a spy on Taylor. That would almost force him to throw and complete more passes, something he's shown he cant do. Our running game would do next to nothing against so many men in the box.

The defense is poor compared to last season. Losing Suh and a few good DB's really hurts, and we couldnt stop the passing game last week against a mediocre opponent. What do you think Wisconsin is gonna do ??? Take away the Black shirts, they dont deserve them yet !!!

Wisconsin 38 Nebraska 17

it hurts me to feel this way !!!!!

:facepalm:

Here are my keys

1. Win the battle on 3rd down on both sides of the ball

2. Be at least even on turnover margin

3. Limit big plays and get some ourselves.

4. Block and tackle better than your opponent

5. Get a break to go our way

Yeah, I know, real cutting edge stuff, but with two very evenly matched teams, it'll come down to fundamentals.

I really doubt that if the Badgers put 9 in the box with a spy that Taylor wouldn't be able to hurt them just by lobbing it up to one of our speedy receivers on the outside. Let's see, I'm no math genius-- but 11-9= 2 men left in coverage. And that means it's 1 on 1 on the outside with it just becoming a battle for who wants to go up and get the ball.

#3 is most important imo.. need to avoid the fumbles in this one or we will not make it out of there alive. don't know if tmart has to complete 60% however we do need to use the speed advantage w/recievers and complete some passes deep and keep the run d honest

Odd stat from UW's loss at MSU last season. Wisconsin was +3 in turnovers. MSU won by only 10, but they would have won by 35 if the turnovers had gone the other way.

This is why the game worries me from a UW POV. We had a soft NC schedule and simply weren't ready for a tough game. Could be the same this season.

I'd say being able to slow down Martinez missing our quickest DE will be the key to the game for Wisconsin.