Antonio Bell's thoughts on the game

If I'm Bo Pelini, I'm saying f*ck it this week. None of these guys in the secondary deserve to be on the field. Give these backups a shot and see what they've got. Can it really be that much worse? I suppose it definitely could, but you never know until you try.

As has already been mentioned, if the guys on the field are actually that much better than the guys on the bench, we are in serious trouble.

I mean good lord, Brett Maher made a better tackle on a kickoff a few weeks ago than the majority of this defense. Rex Burkhead had 2 freaking tackles last night and they were all solid. Tackling is a huge issue with this defense. It's been going on for weeks now and nothing has been done about it. Consider me extremely concerned going forward.

If I'm Bo Pelini, I'm saying f*ck it this week. None of these guys in the secondary deserve to be on the field. Give these backups a shot and see what they've got. Can it really be that much worse? I suppose it definitely could, but you never know until you try.

As has already been mentioned, if the guys on the field are actually that much better than the guys on the bench, we are in serious trouble.

I mean good lord, Brett Maher made a better tackle on a kickoff a few weeks ago than the majority of this defense. Rex Burkhead had 3 freaking tackles last night and they were all solid. Tackling is a huge issue with this defense. It's been going on for weeks now and nothing has been done about it. Consider me extremely concerned going forward.

You bring up something I noticed last night as well. We haven't tackled this bad since Cosgrove? It started slowly last year and has blown up this year. This arm tackling crap has to go! Even Herbstreit said something about it last night, "you better leave that arm tackling at home if you're playing Wisconsin." It's ridiculous!!!

If he's saying this, then what is everyone is in that locker room thinking? If they are on the same page as Antonio, then Bo has lost this team.

Well, this is why you don't want people tweeting.

Team with a hundred guys, everyone's got an opinion. People say things and it often comes out the wrong way. Especially college kids. They don't even realize how widely out there they are putting the words in which they didn't put a grain of thought. And it creates some very false impressions of the team, just because we compare it against the pristine, pearly images teams always try to maintain usually.

This was a big mistake by Antonio, but it's not anything of actual significance, and no cause for concern. I really mean that. Really, reading his tweets I think he's come off pretty positively.

Yep. It's just not a good idea to be using the damn thing....

That's the problem with any social media. It's easy to let emotions get to you and type what you are feeling at that time. Emotions doesn't equal logic. I know I was guilty of this last night on here after the game.

I mean good lord, Brett Maher made a better tackle on a kickoff a few weeks ago than the majority of this defense. Rex Burkhead had 2 freaking tackles last night and they were all solid. Tackling is a huge issue with this defense. It's been going on for weeks now and nothing has been done about it. Consider me extremely concerned going forward.

He needs to do this at some other positions too *cough* QB *cough*. These tweets and hearing rumors about Carnes wanting to leave, and the way that players get into Bo's doghouse (aka Z. Lee) and don't get to see the field has me a little nervous about the way this program is going. There's a lot I love about Bo as our coach, but it seems we're on a slippery slope here. The way the next few weeks are handled will show us a lot.