REX BURKHEAD???

No they're not. But to peg this game on the coordinators is kinda unfair as much as pegging the loss on Taylor is. I think Beck was calling his game like he wanted, then the turnovers forced him to call the game differently. Who knows how he would've called it if the turnovers didn't happen. It might've been the same, it might've been different. There's a lot of grey area.

No they're not. But to peg this game on the coordinators is kinda unfair as much as pegging the loss on Taylor is. I think Beck was calling his game like he wanted, then the turnovers forced him to call the game differently. Who knows how he would've called it if the turnovers didn't happen. It might've been the same, it might've been different. There's a lot of grey area.

I agree there's a lot of grey area, but there hasn't been one game Martinez has dominated the passing game in his career except against Oklahoma St., and they had one of the worst pass defenses in all of division one football last year. Even so, why on earth would Martinez throwing one interception make Beck think we needed to pass the ball more? That seems backwards to me - failing at one thing, so lets keep doing it.

I still think Beck is to blame for only calling what...seven run plays for Burkhead in an entire half. Seven? Seriously? He's one of the best players on our team and he only gets seven carries? I know Martinez has some control over play-calling, so it's possible he also changed the play for what he saw in the defense. Either way, it was the wrong judgement.

I don't know if it's Martinez being slow so much as Martinez just being completely indecisive. I seem to recall him having worse happy feet when he scrambles than when he is just sitting in the pocket.

This isn't new, though. It was the same deal with Martinez last year. When he takes the ball on a designed run it makes sense to him, but when tries to make something out of nothing then it just looks awful.