Buckeye fan coming to Lincoln for the first time...

Greetings from Las Vegas.

I am a Buckeye fan and I have tickets to the game this Saturday in Lincoln. I am looking forward to seeing Memorial Stadium and socializing (drinking) with many Husker fans.

You guys have a great tradition and I am pretty pumped about seeing a new Big Ten Conference school's campus!

Believe me when I tell you that OSU fans understand what a great addition the University of Nebraska is to our beloved conference.

Anyway, I was hoping to get some free advice from you nice folks. I am staying with a friend in Lincoln (South side of town I believe). He and his wife were kind enough to put our group up for the weekend at their house. I was hoping to repay them by taking them out to dinner on Friday night in Lincoln. Any recommendations? We are pretty simple - steak and potatoes is just fine.

Also, and please forgive my ignorance as this is my first time in Lincoln, is there any part of campus that is a "must-see" on Saturday?

Similarly, are there any bars that I "must-drink-at" this weekend?

I know you guys have probably done this 100 times for other visiting team's posters. Please understand, it is very much appreciated. Feel free to respond or email me at lasvegasbuckeye@gmail.com

Good luck this weekend.

Go Bucks! (Maybe our offense will show up this week? LOL)

LVB

• Fire 1

Lincoln's a nice college town. Mellow vibe with a lot of cool places to eat or grab a drink.

You won't have any problems with Husker fans. They welcome any sincere conversation about football, no matter what colors you're wearing. I attended MU games in Lincoln in '06, '08 an '10 and never had any issues.

Conduct yourself as a guest and you will be treated as one. Not so in Lawrence... Yes folks, KU does indeed have a football team. Sorta...

Lincoln's a nice college town. Mellow vibe with a lot of cool places to eat or grab a drink.

You won't have any problems with Husker fans. They welcome any sincere conversation about football, no matter what colors you're wearing. I attended MU games in Lincoln in '06, '08 an '10 and never had any issues.

Conduct yourself as a guest and you will be treated as one. Not so in Lawrence... Yes folks, KU does indeed have a football team. Sorta...

What this guy said

If it's warm out on gameday, I'd grab an ice cream cone and sit out by Broyhill Fountain near the student union. Just watch the world go by for half hour or so. Then you could head over and catch the Cornhusker Marching Band Pregame Spectacular. Or you could head over to do some tailgating.

Night before you might hit the Zoo Bar in downtown Lincoln. A classic hole-in-the-wall bar featuring some of the best Blues you'll find anywhere.

If it's warm out on gameday, I'd grab an ice cream cone and sit out by Broyhill Fountain near the student union. Just watch the world go by for half hour or so. Then you could head over and catch the Cornhusker Marching Band Pregame Spectacular. Or you could head over to do some tailgating.

Night before you might hit the Zoo Bar in downtown Lincoln. A classic hole-in-the-wall bar featuring some of the best Blues you'll find anywhere.

Agreed. But before you go home, stop at Sandy's and Duffy's for Elk Creek Water and a Fishbowl, respectively. :) And then hit Ali Baba's Gyros or Oso Burrito.

And then call a taxi. :wasted

Agreed. But before you go home, stop at Sandy's and Duffy's for Elk Creek Water and a Fishbowl, respectively. :) And then hit Ali Baba's Gyros or Oso Burrito.

And then call a taxi. :wasted

And finish your beer before getting into the cab or limo. Advice from Brent Musburger.