Today's Presser

knapplc

Just watched Martinez's presser. That has to be alarming to fans, even casual ones. I'm a proponent of flushing bad games down the toilet to an extent, but you have to take responsibility and own up to your bad games. His deflection of questions about the game and canned answer of "better decisions" shows a lack of accountability IMO.

You'd have to have seen the context in which he's been shredded by the press and fans around here to have a better understanding of why he answered those questions the way he did. He wasn't joking when he said it didn't matter how he answered the questions, he'd still get ripped for it.

Just look at the responses to this thread, and other threads around here. There are people who call themselves Husker fans who act like they hate the guy.

I agree, it's embarrassing.

Just watched Martinez's presser. That has to be alarming to fans, even casual ones. I'm a proponent of flushing bad games down the toilet to an extent, but you have to take responsibility and own up to your bad games. His deflection of questions about the game and canned answer of "better decisions" shows a lack of accountability IMO.

You'd have to have seen the context in which he's been shredded by the press and fans around here to have a better understanding of why he answered those questions the way he did. He wasn't joking when he said it didn't matter how he answered the questions, he'd still get ripped for it.

Just look at the responses to this thread, and other threads around here. There are people who call themselves Husker fans who act like they hate the guy.

I agree, it's embarrassing.

Any QB at a big school gets ripped. SEC QBs get ripped. Russell Wilson will get ripped if he has a bad game. Kellen Moore got ripped last season after losing to Nevada. Zac Lee got ripped. Zac Taylor got ripped. Sam Keller got ripped. Should I keep going? And you all know who you are, the ones who ripped on Zac Lee and then come back and call us bad fans when we rip Martinez. Any QB that comes to a big time football program should be expecting to take lumps after a bad game/season, its just the way it is.

• Fire 3

Taylor Martinez press conference

:facepalm:

No emotion. No accountablity. Didn't even look like he cared at all.

I think we put Taylor under too much of a microscope sometimes because we all know he stumbles all over himself in interviews, and so we look for it. I know he looks stupid when he does it, but what do we want out of the guy? Should he go up there and start dropping years and passionately croak out some poetic wistfulness?

I wouldn't, if I were in his shoes. This whole media charade...there's a time for it. But especially in the wake of a big loss like this, it's just a distraction, and the team needs to be curt and just tune everything out. Brief, business like, to the point. Keep your head down, say whatever will pass for an "interview", and get back to work.

I can't believe I'm saying this about Taylor. I am not doing my daily job of thinking of the most vicious slander to hurl at the guy today. I'm off my game, bshirt!

* Granted, I am saying all of this without having seen the presser. Maybe I'll think differently afterwards.

Taylor Martinez press conference

:facepalm:

No emotion. No accountablity. Didn't even look like he cared at all.

I think we put Taylor under too much of a microscope sometimes because we all know he stumbles all over himself in interviews, and so we look for it. I know he looks stupid when he does it, but what do we want out of the guy? Should he go up there and start dropping years and passionately croak out some poetic wistfulness?

I wouldn't, if I were in his shoes. This whole media charade...there's a time for it. But especially in the wake of a big loss like this, it's just a distraction, and the team needs to be curt and just tune everything out. Brief, business like, to the point. Keep your head down, say whatever will pass for an "interview", and get back to work.

I can't believe I'm saying this about Taylor. I am not doing my daily job of thinking of the most vicious slander to hurl at the guy today. I'm off my game, bshirt!

* Granted, I am saying all of this without having seen the presser. Maybe I'll think differently afterwards.

No but act like you freaking give a damn. Us fans care. Just read the thread on the guy who is worried about showing his face at work due to getting grief over the Huskers.

Any QB at a big school gets ripped. SEC QBs get ripped. Russell Wilson will get ripped if he has a bad game. Kellen Moore got ripped last season after losing to Nevada. Zac Lee got ripped. Zac Taylor got ripped. Sam Keller got ripped. Should I keep going? And you all know who you are, the ones who ripped on Zac Lee and then come back and call us bad fans when we rip Martinez. Any QB that comes to a big time football program should be expecting to take lumps after a bad game/season, its just the way it is.

There's a tremendous difference between assessing a guy's play on the field and character assassination.

What I find hypocritical are the people bitching at the "blue hairs" for not supporting the team, yet they come on here and rip our QB to shreds. You want people to support the team, then show that support yourself, or stop calling out others.

• Fire 2

Understatement of the year. The haters are in a frenzy and are ready, able and "very", very willing to rip apart anything he says.

I don't think you need to be Tim Tebow though. That's just his style. I think this team needs to circle the wagons, rather than offer up a good public show. Both are fine and acceptable approaches - don't think either deserves criticism. Although if they do go the dramatic public show of unity approach, it does create the potential for even more distraction as they raise the expectations of delivering.

Im not throwing the guy under the bus for his actions or mistakes during the game. Im refering to his attitude in the press conference. He wasnt the only one who made that game a problem but he didnt seem to talk a whole lot about it. Its nice to forget a bad thing and move past it, but youve got to look at the bad you have done and move on. Sure reporters are going to ask dumb questions but i dont think any of his answers were of a mature young man. Green or Lee never acted like that, neither did Ganz. Martinez is our QB and ill stand by what he can do, but for god sakes act like a man and face your crowd. Im wearing my Huskers shirt infront of a crowd of hawkeye fans today. You take whats coming to you and you move on.

• Fire 1

I don't think you need to be Tim Tebow though. That's just his style. I think this team needs to circle the wagons, rather than offer up a good public show. Both are fine and acceptable approaches - don't think either deserves criticism. Although if they do go the dramatic public show of unity approach, it does create the potential for even more distraction as they raise the expectations of delivering.

Im not saying be Tim Tebow, Im saying be the leader you are suppossed to be. He will be our QB for the rest of the season, I just hope we recruit some good QBs so we can get Martinez at a position that will help the team more.

Im not throwing the guy under the bus for his actions or mistakes during the game. Im refering to his attitude in the press conference. He wasnt the only one who made that game a problem but he didnt seem to talk a whole lot about it. Its nice to forget a bad thing and move past it, but youve got to look at the bad you have done and move on. Sure reporters are going to ask dumb questions but i dont think any of his answers were of a mature young man. Green or Lee never acted like that, neither did Ganz. Martinez is our QB and ill stand by what he can do, but for god sakes act like a man and face your crowd. Im wearing my Huskers shirt infront of a crowd of hawkeye fans today. You take whats coming to you and you move on.

His answers were nearly identical to Bo's a year or two ago.

• Fire 1

Understatement of the year. The haters are in a frenzy and are ready, able and "very", very willing to rip apart anything he says.

Just like how you ripped apart Zac Lee? Kinda like that....or....

• Fire 2

That's the nature of college football. You can go from hero to zero in a matter of just a few plays, and you're going to get both extremes from the fans.

I feel the same way about Martinez that I feel about Tim Tebow. I think Tebow's a great person and a phenominal athlete, but that doesn't mean that I trust him to be a starting QB for my team if I want my team to be a championship contender.

Nobody here hates Taylor, but how can you not be frustrated with his performance on Saturday?

Nobody here hates Taylor

Don't tell me that when we're having to remove threads ripping into our QB. Maybe everyone didn't see it, but there was a lot of hate directed at him after the game.

I don't hate him. I just think his skillset is better suited for another position. That's all. Since you removed those threads I can't speak to that, but I saw mostly people who are concerned about his ability to play QB. If that's hating then I guess we Nebraska fans are too sensitive.

Nobody here hates Taylor

Don't tell me that when we're having to remove threads ripping into our QB. Maybe everyone didn't see it, but there was a lot of hate directed at him after the game.

I don't hate him. I just think his skillset is better suited for another position. That's all. Since you removed those threads I can't speak to that, but I saw mostly people who are concerned about his ability to play QB. If that's hating then I guess we Nebraska fans are too sensitive.

Of course threads wouldn't have been removed if they were just discussing his on-field errors. Everyone does that.