B1G Logo on the field

Thanks for sharing the picture of the field guys! I am surprised that they (the athletic department) didn't paint the "B" in red, but I can understand why they went with the more neutral all white lettering.

I would have loved to make the B in red also. At least put our own spin on it.

It doesn't look bad, but I'll be a little upset if this is on the field for years to come. This year is fine, but our field looks good without it, imo

Oh boy, people... throwin away years of tradition, now we will never win another game again because of the logo on the field and for that reason only... :sarcasm

• Fire 1

It doesn't look bad, but I'll be a little upset if this is on the field for years to come. This year is fine, but our field looks good without it, imo

Oh boy, people... throwin away years of tradition, now we will never win another game again because of the logo on the field and for that reason only... :sarcasm

I agree with hosker, except I wish they wouldn't have put it on in the first place - and I certainly don't want to see it all year. My hope is that it is gone after the home opener. And not because of tradition....just because it is a bad logo. C'mon, THAT'S the best they could come up with???

I didn't say anything about losing games because of this logo or it messing with tradition. My opinion has nothing to do with the tradition of. . . . Anything really. But thanks for taking the conversation there. :sarcasm

I don't think it will effect the outcome of any game, I just think our field looks good without it. . . . And its not like I need to be reminded of which conference we play in, so why bother?

I agree with hosker, except I wish they wouldn't have put it on in the first place - and I certainly don't want to see it all year. My hope is that it is gone after the home opener. And not because of tradition....just because it is a bad logo. C'mon, THAT'S the best they could come up with???

Me neither, but if its only for this season, I can understand it.

To all of those who are interested in the "B" being red... What did you think of Texas adding the "Texas" to the script part of the Big 12 logo? (Every school had the option to do it, but I think Texas was the school that did it the most often?) Not trying to stir the pot here, just curious. :)

Thanks for sharing the picture of the field guys! I am surprised that they (the athletic department) didn't paint the "B" in red, but I can understand why they went with the more neutral all white lettering.

I would have loved to make the B in red also. At least put our own spin on it.

Something that Husker fans might notice after being in the Big Ten for a while, as opposed to the Big 12, is that we are not about putting our own spin on things. We act as one, all members equal when it comes to the conference. The B1G logo, whether you care for the styling or not, is about branding and the conference wants it to be front and center whenever someone turns on the TV. That is why we have been known as the Big Ten, even though for many years we had 11 and now 12 teams. There may be differences of opinion behind the scenes, but once a consensus is reached, a united front is shown to the world. It has worked for 115 years and most of us look forward to Nebraska helping to strengthen it for another 115.