Listen Everybody, Lets not get TOO Excited

danj91

It was a cool comeback but......If their qb doesnt go down we wouldve lost this game. The defense cant stop a qb that can run and pass but they can stop a statue that cant hit a moving target! We have to remember how bad OSU has played all season and we allowed them to look like contenders in our own backyard!

Lets face it, they had two first downs after Miller went out. Is that because our defense figured it out or is it because the backup is just that bad. Also, Martinez looked terrible until their offense had all of those three and outs and their defense tired out. Im glad we came back but lets be serious here, we are not a good team. We are very overrated and we were exposed last week AND this week.

One final thing, we gave up more yards RUSHING in the first half than they had in total offense last week. We are not that good and I dont want us to be lulled asleep because we beat a bad team that had to rely on their backup qb.

• Fire 2

Martinez played well from the beginning of the night to the end of the night, I will concede that point to no one.

If you want to see the difference between the first half and the second half for our offense, look no further than the offensive line. We had no running game in the first half. In the second half, Beck called a great game - the diamond formation was effective, they opened up the zone read game for Taylor, Rex at FB was a great move, and once that got going, the vertical passing game opened up, and then the entire offense was clicking. I didn't think it was until about midway through the 4th quarter that it seemed like we had physically worn down their front 7.

The defense has a lot of work to do still. Lavonte did turn the game around when Miller was still healthy, but I'm not sure we could have held them to 0 points like we did had Miller stayed in the game. We'll see - it does seem like the defense's poor performance has been psychological more than anything, so maybe they just needed that shot of momentum to start playing with their hair on fire again. We'll see... but I am definitely worried about our ability to defend mobile QBs, and I still think our secondary has some holes that need closing up.

I agree with most of your points dan, but the fact of the matter is that Nebraska kicked the living p*ss out of a dang good defense for 25 minutes in the 2nd half. NU might have lost had Miller not gotten hurt, but they might have won too. NU could have probably scored on the last drive if they needed too, making it a 2 touchdown game. I think the momentum was clearly in Nebraska's favor in the 2nd half, and remember that Miller is just a freshman. So to say that Nebraska loses if Miller doesn't get hurt is debatable. I honestly think NU still wins, Miller or not.

But, in general, I am still not impressed with NU as a whole, but I hope and think the way they finished this game will swing some momentum their way. Should they play the remainder of the season with a little fire in their bellies, I really think they can go places. NU is very young, and these guys will only get (hopefully) better.

Yea, we still have issues. But this is a bye week so let's just ride the high for a few days

That's all there is. Huskers aren't going to be world beaters this year--that's obvious. But any team that can overcome adversity, stick together (we'll see how this goes) and play their asses off has my respect. Hell, I like the Gophers and they're going to be horribly overmatched in a couple of weeks--the NDSU Bisons had six yards on the ground the week before they played Minnesota, then averaged somewhere north of 5.5 against the Gophers. They still play hard so it's all good.

Anyone that comes up to the game will see a nice, cozy stadium. Be sure to BYOB, and the shuttle from the U is the best way to get there.

[edit] Make that NMSU with six yards on the ground the week before they averaged 5.17 against the Gophers. Burkhead's going to have a monster game.

Its not psychological when youre ranked 60th in total defense in the country. That means that our defense isnt good. When they can just blitz every down because the qb isnt mobile then any defense can look great. Im troubled that with our rich history of success this mediocrity that we see on the field now is acceptable. coming into the game their top receiver had 10 catches!! and they marched up and down the field on us until Miller got hurt.

so....Martinez 16/22 for 191yrds passing and 1 INT against the #15 overall defense in the nation....you guys can't be pleased huh? U still wanna put in Carnes? Without Martinez....we don't win this game, however, the heart and soul of our team is Burkhead, but Martinez played a solid game, please....do not discredit the young man. If you feel you need to...then you have some issues.

Its not psychological when youre ranked 60th in total defense in the country. That means that our defense isnt good. When they can just blitz every down because the qb isnt mobile then any defense can look great. Im troubled that with our rich history of success this mediocrity that we see on the field now is acceptable. coming into the game their top receiver had 10 catches!! and they marched up and down the field on us until Miller got hurt.

Still....28 unanswered points.....and the defense helped. We know our deficiencies...and its on defense....hope we keep getting better and better...