Bo Pelini

Some of the responses here just blow my mind.

First of all, can someone point to an article written about Martinez after the Wisconsin game where he is being attacked or unfairly criticized?

Second, I'm one of the first to roll his eyes at the 'we're the greatest fans' notion every time it is uttered, but I'm issuing a likewise f#*k YOU to all of the 'you fans should be embarrassed of yourselves' threads and posts. I don't boo when I go to games because it's just kind of obnoxious, but I don't remember TO and Scott Frost spitting back at the media when he was roundly booed to start the '97 season (a year in which we won the whole damn thing BTW). Pelini needs to grow the hell up and understand that things are about as good here as he can ask for. He has a loyal, supportive, rabid fan base that does go over the edge at times either way, but when you buy the ticket at a major college football program, shut up and take the RIDE!

I think it's hilarious how some of you defend everything he does. The guy could come out tomorrow and say he hates corn on the cob, and half of you would write posts saying 'yeah, f#*k corn on the cob. Gets stuck in your teeth. Not a lot of nutritional content. Good for BO!' Jesus. Pelini could sh#t on a plate, call it stroganoff, and some of you would line up for seconds.

Criticizing the coach doesn't mean you disown, ex-communicate, or call for his firing. It means you make a fair assessment and speak your mind. And fairly criticizing the team on message boards doesn't mean you're a troll or a black eye for the fan base.

If Pelini hates the media, fine. Bite your tongue, give vanilla answers, and reserve your candor for your team. What I'm hearing in Martinez's confrontational answers channels his coach, and that's not a good thing IMO.

Here's a thought. Win a high profile game and THEN bitch about how you and your team aren't getting the credit you deserve.

When has he done that?

Also, I'm not gonna spoon feed you the DC article, because one google search will find it for you.

I read that article. What's unfair about it? I eagerly await your response.

First of all, can someone point to an article written about Martinez after the Wisconsin game where he is being attacked or unfairly criticized?

Second, I'm one of the first to roll his eyes at the 'we're the greatest fans' notion every time it is uttered, but I'm issuing a likewise f#*k YOU to all of the 'you fans should be embarrassed of yourselves' threads and posts. I don't boo when I go to games because it's just kind of obnoxious, but I don't remember TO and Scott Frost spitting back at the media when he was roundly booed to start the '97 season (a year in which we won the whole damn thing BTW). Pelini needs to grow the hell up and understand that things are about as good here as he can ask for. He has a loyal, supportive, rabid fan base that does go over the edge at times either way, but when you buy the ticket at a major college football program, shut up and take the RIDE!

I think it's hilarious how some of you defend everything he does. The guy could come out tomorrow and say he hates corn on the cob, and half of you would write posts saying 'yeah, f#*k corn on the cob. Gets stuck in your teeth. Not a lot of nutritional content. Good for BO!' Jesus. Pelini could sh#t on a plate, call it stroganoff, and some of you would line up for seconds.

Criticizing the coach doesn't mean you disown, ex-communicate, or call for his firing. It means you make a fair assessment and speak your mind. And fairly criticizing the team on message boards doesn't mean you're a troll or a black eye for the fan base.

If Pelini hates the media, fine. Bite your tongue, give vanilla answers, and reserve your candor for your team. What I'm hearing in Martinez's confrontational answers channels his coach, and that's not a good thing IMO.

Here's a thought. Win a high profile game and THEN bitch about how you and your team aren't getting the credit you deserve.

Fans have every right to criticize, just like the coaches and players have every right to respond. And you're completely wrong about 1996/1997 - Tom Osborne did speak out against the boos.

Furthermore, Pelini spent all week teaching his team life lessons about family, about togetherness, and about perseverance. For most of the week, the fans and the media represented the exact opposite of that. How is Pelini supposed to teach his players about sticking together and while ignoring the fact that half the fan base has deserted them?

The fans have every right to boo, and to act the way they did last week, but it's entirely hypocritical to criticize the players and coaches without being able to take any criticism yourself. In fact, the fans take criticism way, WAY worse than Pelini or any members of his team. Grow up.

• Fire 1

Husker fans as a whole are horrible. They're not very smart, and whats worse is they think they understand football but they don't. One of the things that bothers TO the most about our stadium is the saying that Peady put up saying we're the greast fans in college football.

One of the things that bothers me most about TO is his money grab that costs the loudest fans in the stadium good seats...you know, the kids that are paying tuition to go to the school?

Fans have every right to criticize, just like the coaches and players have every right to respond. And you're completely wrong about 1996/1997 - Tom Osborne did speak out against the boos.

Furthermore, Pelini spent all week teaching his team life lessons about family, about togetherness, and about perseverance. For most of the week, the fans and the media represented the exact opposite of that. How is Pelini supposed to teach his players about sticking together and while ignoring the fact that half the fan base has deserted them?

The fans have every right to boo, and to act the way they did last week, but it's entirely hypocritical to criticize the players and coaches without being able to take any criticism yourself. In fact, the fans take criticism way, WAY worse than Pelini or any members of his team. Grow up.

Osborne also told Frost to not let the boos get under his skin. I think TO dealt with his share of criticism without being especially confrontational with the media and fans.

There are quite a few coaches in major college football that don't react the way Pelini does whenever he gets a question he's not super fond of.

Half the fan base has deserted them? Nice statistic. Too bad it doesn't exist.

My feelings aren't hurt. Pelini could flip off the entire stadium next week, and I wouldn't care. What makes me laugh is people like yourself who give him a pass for anything he does. If you want to continue to be his lap dog, fine. I simply offer that you can support him without agreeing with everything that comes out of his mouth.

Saw this last night. My reaction: :confucius

i guess i would be a little butt hurt too if my team just melted down like that....

Okay, so Bo is a vampire and somebody wants to undress Taylor and make love to him at the end of that video. Holy cow, I have to say that whole interaction on that video was kind of strange. Other than that though, I think Nebraska won a great game yesterday.. One of the greatest comebacks in school history I believe. From the sound of you negative nancy's though, you can't even tell it.

I wont make a comment on the quality of fans we have, but I will say this.....One area that I am disappointed with our fans is that I feel that we do not do nearly enough to give our players an advantage during our home games. for all of the great things our fans do(and they are good fans) I feel that in this specific category we fall shamefully behind many other teams fans. it seems like its only loud in lincoln if its a big game AND we are playing well. and you know people pay good money to those games and have a right to feel like its the teams responsibility to entertain. but thats not helping the team at all. I guess it all depends on the mind set of the fans.....

Osborne also told Frost to not let the boos get under his skin. I think TO dealt with his share of criticism without being especially confrontational with the media and fans.

There are quite a few coaches in major college football that don't react the way Pelini does whenever he gets a question he's not super fond of.

Half the fan base has deserted them? Nice statistic. Too bad it doesn't exist.

My feelings aren't hurt. Pelini could flip off the entire stadium next week, and I wouldn't care. What makes me laugh is people like yourself who give him a pass for anything he does. If you want to continue to be his lap dog, fine. I simply offer that you can support him without agreeing with everything that comes out of his mouth.

its not like TO didnt have run ins with the media.... didnt he ban the state paper from practice for a year because of LP?

and bo pelini isnt TO....... guess what most arent. I'm glad I am not held to those standards in my job....

corn on the cob IS the worst. also, how do you make stroganoff, then?

I will probably end up stroganoff later on......unless I can talk the woman into givin' me some " Broncos lost, so maybe this will make you feel better" type of sex.

Sooooo.... let me get this straight for you people who are critical of Bo.... You would rather have him go to the press conference and kneel down in front of the reporters, begging forgiveness?...

HELL NO!! I love Bo the way he is 100%. You wanna get rid of him or change him? Get ready for another ten years of "rebuilding" or "restoring" this team. This team WILL be back in the BCS hunt sooner than later, and by that I mean within the next 2 years. My guess is next year, but if not then the year after. The Defense appeared to find their physical swagger last night, even before Miller went down. I expect steady improvement on both sides of the ball the rest of the year and a tough game vs. Michigan to slug it out for an appearance in the 1st ever B1G title game. Support this team, and support our coach that so many of us lobbied for years ago. GBR!!!

Sooooo.... let me get this straight for you people who are critical of Bo.... You would rather have him go to the press conference and kneel down in front of the reporters, begging forgiveness?...

No. Nobody is suggesting he do anything close to this. Just because someone doesn't support everything he does, doesn't mean they're on the extreme other end of the spectrum.

• Fire 1

corn on the cob IS the worst. also, how do you make stroganoff, then?

Not to unintentionally insult anyone who might be involved in the food cooking process at Memorial Stadium, but the burger I had on Saturday sure seemed like it might have been Bo's fecal matter... And yes, I did consider having seconds.

Couldn't disagree more. Absolutely clueless to the reality of the situation.

And you say that because? I'm clueless to what your view really is.

I don't think you're smart enough to understand.

You have become one of the most obnoxious regular contributors to this board.

I've always been this way.

Here's the thing. It's nice you have some connection with the program. However, in the words of the great Denzel Washington in Training day: It ain't what you know; it's what you can prove.

You've been trending towards increasingly brief, unenlightening, wasteful posts like "You're wrong" for weeks. Don't mistake insider info for Papal authority. You don't need it to know Taylor Martinez played like crap last week. You don't need it to know he played like a Heisman candidate this week. You want to dispute a point? Then make one. it's no different here than any other conversation. If you don't bother to support yourself, resort to mindless personal attacks like 'you're not smart enough', it's nothing but an exercise in filling up an already overcrowded internet with needless drivel.

Forgive my late response because I was out of town but there has only been twice when I've been brief with my posts. This instance in this thread when I 100% believed this guy was looking for a response that would lead to 90 pages of bickering back and forth. I mean. . . come on. . .he post something he stated he doesn't believe to be true. . .then why post it? He wasn't looking to see if anyone else had heard the same information, to shoot down a rumor etc. He was looking to smear the reputation of someone who more or less won't ever see this. Its a bunch of crap in my opinion if like it or not. It was very evident to the average educated person with the phrasing of his statement he was looking for a specific response. It would be like asking the question "when did you stop beating your wife?" Its fully loaded and full of false accusation.

The other post you referred to and the only other time I believe I've done something like that had to do with the Marvin Sanders issues and why he left. Why didn't I correct the poster who asked to be let it known if its wrong. Well....its none of your damn business. Why is a coaches' personal life anyone's business to talk about openly on a public forum? Thats why I didn't expound it unless its to clear up a false statement. In this instance to correct the statement would require someone to go into details that aren't really for me to discuss for a dozen different reasons. I'd do the same thing for anyone. If he wanted to know more I possibly may have answered in a PM. I doubt it in this instance but I might have given it some consideration.

If you ever doubt what I'm saying is true. I'll be happy to give you my source privately. I've done that at the request of more than one member here.