Dan Beebe ESPN article "Its all Nebraska's fault"

huKSer

We should get it right out there that Pearlman and TO were never in favor of equal revenue sharing, and were probably only publicly in favor and ok with in the B10 because a) there was no choice, and b) and eventual equal B10 share is more than we would have ever got in the Big 12. However, let's just say that Mizzou had left for the B10 instead of us, and we had to make concessions to keep the Big 12 alive because it was our only choice...then we probably would have given in, just like OU and Texas did...big surprise.

If Beebe was being honest with his statement that he prefers 10 team leagues, it starts to make more sense why he didn't seem to do much to try to keep CU and NU in the conference. He probably thought who gives a rats ass about CU and goodbye to a school that's been nothing but trouble for me, we'll be just fine as long as Texas and OU don't jet, in fact this may be preferable.

Ivan Maisel saw right thru the smoke and mirrors

1. Must read: Andy Katz’s interview of deposed Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe. He said the league picked up TCU as its 10th member because the Big 12 needs four Texas schools. That must be more important than the long-promoted idea that a new member increase the league’s TV footprint. Regarding the revenue-sharing rule that passed last week, Beebe said that Nebraska shot it down two years ago. He believes that if the rule had been in place, Nebraska and Colorado may have stayed. That sounds like wishful thinking.

Ivan Maisel probably had to lobby the ESPN brass and the frozen head of Walt really hard just to write that snippet.

Texas' PR mission, it seems, is to use any of their underlings to discredit us in an attempt to shift the conference realignment blame to anyone that doesn't have a pointy uterus on their helmet.

I do hope the rhetoric about being nice to Texas is just that, because if we are giving Austin the time of day, we really need to cut that out and go on the PR offensive with news outlets not affiliated with ESPN.

Ivan Maisel probably had to lobby the ESPN brass and the frozen head of Walt really hard just to write that snippet.

Texas' PR mission, it seems, is to use any of their underlings to discredit us in an attempt to shift the conference realignment blame to anyone that doesn't have a pointy uterus on their helmet.

I do hope the rhetoric about being nice to Texas is just that, because if we are giving Austin the time of day, we really need to cut that out and go on the PR offensive with news outlets not affiliated with ESPN.

:yeah

You have to read the whole article to find that Texas and Oklahoma also said "no to revenue sharing" but the article has in skewed to be all Nebraska with the large quote next to the article.

ESPN is trying to spin everything to make Texas more appealing. ESPN is in bed with Texas on the Longhorn Network deal they have going with them. Which is struggling as a lot of cable and satellite providers are not picking it up.

:espnsucks:

:yeah

You have to read the whole article to find that Texas and Oklahoma also said "no to revenue sharing" but the article has in skewed to be all Nebraska with the large quote next to the article.

ESPN is trying to spin everything to make Texas more appealing. ESPN is in bed with Texas on the Longhorn Network deal they have going with them. Which is struggling as a lot of cable and satellite providers are not picking it up.

:espnsucks:

And those outlets which do carry it aren't seeing a lot of traffic/ratings on the network.

As a matter of principle, I have the channel parental blocked so we won't give those vermin even one second of accidental viewing time when flipping.

Has this story created anything by way of buzz around the college football world? I recall some comments when it came out, but it seems as if it's been pretty quickly dismissed. Yesterday's news the day it was released, that sort of thing.

I think Beebe's had his 15 minutes. This was his parting shot, his attempt to put one second back on the clock. Only this time, the field goal sailed wide right.

Problem is, Knapplc, the field goal attempt should not have happened in the first place, figuratively or literally.

Unless Beebe has a window seat at Texas, I would think that Beebe's press bites are burning bridges and making himself undesirable to obtain a similar position in another conference in the future. So why would someone willingly do that to themselves?